Friday, July 1, 2011

Isaiah 26:21, Deuteronomy 7:6-11, Matthew 11:25-30, Psalm 103:1-4, 6-8, 10

Daily Meditation:  Isaiah 26:21

Isaiah 26:21

21 For look, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling; he will punish the inhabitants of the earth for their sins. The earth will reveal the blood shed upon her and will not conceal her slain any longer.

My Beloved, we sin with impunity and we have the mistaken impression that it is OK because calamity does not befall us.  The earth is stained with the blood of the innocents and we will be called to account for the brother or sister whose life has been cruelly snuffed out in abortuaries.  All of us who are silent are just as guilty because we did not speak in defense of our littlest neighbors.  Have mercy on us O Lord! Have mercy on us!

Daily Mass Readings:  Deuteronomy 7:6-11, Matthew 11:25-30, 
                                       Psalm 103:1-4, 6-8, 10

Deuteronomy 7:6-11

The feast of the Sacred Heart and we have this beautiful passage for today which tell us how much You love us.  You remind us that we are a consecrated people chosen by God to be His own people in this life  and to be eternally happy with Him in the next keep Your promise. You have sworn an oath, You have forged a solemn Covenant with Your people which is sealed in Your own precious Blood.  It is an oath that will never be broken for You are faithful and You always keep Your promises.  You are so generous that You have promised to keep it to the thousandth generation to those who love You and keep Your commandments.  Which are to love You with all of myself - my heart, my mind, my soul, my body and my spirit, and to love my neighbor as I love myself.  Thank You.

Matthew 11:25-30


To all who come to You my Beloved Jesus, You extend this loving invitation of drawing us all into Yourself, so we can share in Your divine Son-ship with the Father.  You ask us to permit You to place Your Yoke of love on us and as we walk together, bound in love, You will help us to live in joyful union with You in this life and eternally in union with You in the life to come.  What more could Your little one ask for?  Nothing.  Thank You.

Psalm 103:1-4, 6-8, 10

Bless the Lord, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, my soul, and do not forget all his kindness; he forgives all your sins and heals all your sickness; he redeems your life from destruction and crowns you with love and compassion; 
The Lord restores justice and secures the rights of the oppressed.
He has made known his ways to Moses and his deeds to the peo­ple of Israel.
The Lord is gracious and merciful, abounding in love and slow to anger;
10 He does not treat us according to our sins, nor does he punish us as we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment