Thursday, June 9, 2011

Romans 8:5-8, 10-11, Acts 22:30, 23:6-11, John 17:20-26, Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11

Daily Meditation: Romans 8:5-8, 10-11

Romans 8:5-8, 10-11

 5 Those walking according to the flesh tend towards what is flesh; those led by the spirit, to what is spirit. Flesh tends towards death, while spirit aims at life and peace. What the flesh seeks is against God: it does not agree, it cannot even submit to the law of God. So, those walking according to the flesh cannot please God.
10 But Christ is within you; though the body is branded by death as a consequence of sin, the spirit is life and holiness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is within you, He who raised Jesus Christ from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies. Yes, he will do it through his Spirit who dwells within you.

My Beloved, never has this fact been more plainly proven as in the ideology that calls itself peace.  All that is of the flesh leads to death, corruption and evil.  Unbridled pursuits of the flesh can only destroy.  It is hard to believe that human nature can sink so low as to plumb the depths of depravity, cruelty and licentiousness.  

Through the Holy Spirit St. Paul sounds the warning bell clearly.  Because he did, we can be on our guard today.  We  watch evil unravel and reveal itself in all its ugliness in an ideology that goes by a misnomer.  Thank You for the warning that has alerted us and we pray that it is not too late for the world to wake up and realize how this evil is spreading like a rabid cancer all over the face of the world.

Thank You for the sweetness and light of Your assurance to those who live in the Spirit.  The Spirit of God dwells in us, we have Your Spirit tabernacled in our soul and He enables us to live a life of holiness, grace and power.  Good will triumph over evil for You have triumphed over death.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Mass Readings:  Acts 22:30, 23:6-11, John 17:20-26, Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11

Acts 22:30, 23:6-11

We can always trust You to give us the words we need to defend ourselves and the Gospel should the need arise.  You will always send Your angels or come Yourself to encourage, comfort and console those who are totally dependent on You.

John 17:20-26

Beloved, those who are  united with You are intrinsically united with the Father and the Holy Spirit.  You have assumed us into Yourself and You take us up in the unity of the Trinity, so that we can share fully in Your joyful and loving unity with Your Father.  It is in the nature of love to give all without barriers or restrictions.  Thank You for pouring Yourself out on us through Your life, Your Spirit and Your love.  I am truly blessed.

Psalm 16:1-2, 5-11

Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord,
“You are my Lord, my only good.”

O Lord, my inheritance and my cup,
my chosen portion – hold secure my lot.
The best part has been allotted to me.
Delightful indeed is my inheritance!
I bless the Lord who counsels me;
even at night my inmost self instructs me.
I keep the Lord always before me;
for with him at my right hand,
I will never be shaken.
My heart, therefore, exults, my soul rejoices;
my body too will rest assured.
10 For you will not abandon
my soul to the grave,
nor will you suffer your holy one
to see decay in the land of the dead.
11 You will show me the path of life,
in your presence the fullness of joy,
at your right hand happiness forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment