Tuesday, June 7, 2011

1 Thessalonians 5:14-22, Acts 20:17:27, John 17:11, Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21



Daily Meditation:  1 Thessalonians 5:14-22

1 Thessalonians 5:14-22
 14 We urge you to warn the idle, encourage those who feel discouraged, sustain the weak, have patience with everyone. 15 See that no one repays evil for evil, but try to do good, whether a­mong yourselves or towards others.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing 18 and give thanks to God at every moment. This is the will of God, your vocation as Christians.
 19 Do not quench the Spirit, 20 do not despise the prophets’ warnings. 21 Put everything to the test and hold fast to what is good. 22 Avoid evil, wherever it may be.

Thank You my Beloved Lord for telling me what You wish for my life.  I see myself as Your disciple and I am called to do my share to bring about the Kingdom of God on earth.  Speaking through St. Paul, You give me the following advice, "TRY TO DO GOOD, rejoice always, this can be difficult when one is anxious about a loved one, but You ask it of us anyway and so I must do as You say.  I must have implicit trust in You, giving thanks at every moment of my life. 

Beloved, intercede for me in order that I may allow the Holy Spirit to hold complete sway over me and let His power and grace impact me in every area of my life.  May He grant me the wisdom to put everything to the test because the devil is wily and can make good appear evil and evil good.  Help me to be vigilant always.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Mass Readings:  Acts 20:17-27, John 17:11, Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21

Acts 20:17:27

Every true disciple must be able to say what St. Paul says in these verses. I must live in close fellowship with other Christians, I must spend my life being a true witness wherever I am and in whatever vocation I follow.  All service must be rendered in humility, remembering always that it is a privilege to serve.  I ought not to be so easily discouraged as I usually am at every little trial or difficulty.  Fear should not hold me back from doing what the Spirit is leading me to do.  

What a great epitaph verse 27 is for St. Paul and for any and all disciples.

27 For I have spared no effort in fully declaring to you God’s will.

John 17:11

My Beloved, St. Paul was a perfect disciple, so much of what he has said is a reflection  of what You said before him. A true disciple imitates his Master in everything.  You fulfilled the trust the Father had in You.  May my eyes be lifted up to You in prayer always.  Looking to You for vision, sustenance and guidance.  You tell us that eternal life is this, to know God and to know the one whom He has sent.  So many go through life ignorant of You or having only a dim knowledge of You.  You make known the Father to us and the Holy Spirit makes You known to us for He is the perfect bond of love that unites You and the Father and makes You One in Him.

Thanks be to You Beloved, we know the Father and we have received the Holy Spirit in order to enable us come into perfect knowledge of the Truth in You.  You have prayed for Your Church and we can rest assured that we will remain safe within her.  You make intercession for us night and day, pleading to the Father to keep us always faithful for evil is all around us waiting to snare and snatch us from You.  We are one in the Church, bound by our common faith, hope and love in You.

Thank You for laying down Your life for us so we may life and receive the inheritance You have down for us. Amen

Psalm 68:20-21
20 Blessed be the Lord, God our savior, who daily bears our burdens!
21 Ours is a God who saves; our Lord lets us escape from death.

No comments:

Post a Comment