Thursday, May 19, 2011

1 John 2:18-22, Acts 13:13-25, John 13:16-20, Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 and 27

Daily Meditation:  1 John 2:18-4

1 John 2:18-22

18 My dear children, it is the last hour. You were told that an antichrist would come; but several antichrists have already come, by which we know that it is now the last hour.
19 They went out from us though they did not really belong to us. Had they belonged to us, they would have remained with us. So it became clear that not all of us were really ours.
20 But you have the anointing from the Holy One, so that all of you have true wisdom.
21 I write to you, not because you lack knowledge of the truth, but because you already know it, and lies have nothing in common with the truth. 22 Who is the liar?
The one who denies that Jesus is the Christ.This is an antichrist, who denies both the Father and the Son.

23 The one who denies the Son is without the Father, and those who acknowledge the Son also have the Father.24 Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, you, too, will remain in the Son and in the Father. 



Could the disciple sound a more dangerous warning than this Beloved?  What he had hinted at then, is in full flower now - there are many antichrists already in the world.  The divisions in Your Body have occurred because every inspiration was embraced as inspiration coming from Your Holy Spirit.  Pride was the cause of the rift in the Church and from the first little crack the chasm has grown ever wider; as many splinter churches that broke away from the Mother Church formed their own communities.  Error is rampant in each one for they are led by their human spirit and not by the Spirit of Truth that dwells in His fullness in the one, holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Here are trustworthy guidelines to know whether the teachings are from Christ or the antichrist.  

Do I believe, teach and preach that God took on human flesh in Christ?  If I do, I am on the side of Truth.

Do I deny, teach and preach that You, my Beloved, are not the Son of God but a mere man and that You did not suffer, die and rise again?   This is certain proof that I am the antichrist.  

Those who have the spirit of antichrist threaten evil, ruin and massacre.  They seek dominion and domination.  Thank You for the sweet, cool, refreshing and blessed assurance of verse 24.  Nothing is more powerful than the Spirit of God that resides in me and in the Holy Catholic Church. While they all fall into error, sin and ruin, she will stand as a beacon of light on the hilltop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Daily Mass Readings:  Acts 13:13-25, John 13:16-20, 
                               Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 and 27

Acts 13:13-25

Verse 15 ....., “Brothers, if you have any word of encouragement for the assembly, please speak up.”


The Church is constantly encouraging her people to remain faithful.  She celebrates Your life and all the events that occurred in Your life, as well as the life of Your Mother and the saints, in her feasts and in her Liturgy.  She keeps the faith alive and burning.  She feeds the faith to the faithful through the Sacraments she administers in Your Name and in Persona Christi.  

May we never forget that the Covenant oath promised and ratified by God with the Jews is eternal, for God does not go back on His promises.  They remain Your chosen people and as Blessed John Paul II put it so well, they are our elder brothers in You.  From their race You were born  - the Man God and after the heart of God who did all that the Father required You to do.  Someday Beloved, there will be one flock under one Shepherd and will include every tribe, race and nation. 

Praise the Lord!!!!


John 13:16-20

Beloved as we know, whenever You say, "I tell you most solemnly," or "Truly I say to you,"  it is time to sit up and pay attention.  All these verses are powerful.  Pride and disobedience have no place at Your table.  Those who choose to follow You are servants, in imitation of You who said, "I came to serve, not to be served."

My Beloved, You knew when You chose Judas as one among the twelve that he would betray You, that did  not deter You because each of us has the opportunity to repent and is redeemed by Your Blood, no matter how badly we fail and how grievous our sin.  Judas could come back at any point after his betrayal and obtain complete pardon and forgiveness of the heinous crime he committed.  He made a sacrilegious communion in receiving the Eucharist with betrayal in his heart and he chose not to repent.  He had not understood the depth, height, length and breadth  of Your love that encompasses every sinner.  

Beloved, let us always be willing to aid and befriend all whom You send, especially Your priests.  In welcoming them we welcome You and in welcoming You we welcome the Triune God.


Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 and 27
 
I will declare how steadfast is your love, how firm your faithfulness.
21 I have found David my servant, and with my holy oil I have anointed him.
22 My hand will be ever with him and my arm will sustain him, 
25 My faithfulness and love will be with him, and by my help he will be strong.
27 He will call on me, ‘You are my Father, my God, my Rock, my Savior.’


No comments:

Post a Comment