Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jeremiah 32:38-41, Acts 3:1-10, Luke 24:13-35, Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9

Daily Meditation:   Jeremiah 32:38-41

Jeremiah 32:38-41

38 They will be my people and I shall be their God.
39 I will have them think and act in another way, so that they may always fear me for their own good and the good of their children.
40 I will forge an eternal covenant with them by which I shall never cease to do them good and I shall place my fear in their heart so that they may never turn away from me.
41 I shall rejoice in doing them good and I shall plant them securely in this land with all my heart and soul.”

Beloved, this is Your promise to those who have faith in You and put all their hope and trust in You.  I want to belong to You completely and not only I Lord but all those I love as well.

What beautiful promises You make to those who belong to You.  Those who have accepted You as Lord and Savior. Those who look up to You for life and sustenance.  May I and mine live always in the shadow of Your awesome love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Mass Readings:  Acts 3:1-10, Luke 24:13-35, Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9

Acts 3:1-10

Beloved, You promised that those who believed and had faith would do even greater things than You did because You were going to the Father.  In Your Name which is above every other name, miracles continue to occur.  At every Eucharist, ordinary bread and wine become Your Body and Blood and is the source of spiritual nourishment through which supernatural life and grace flow, enabling us to live as Your followers in a world that continues to be darkened by sin and evil.   Sustain us Lord so that we continue to live the Good News with faith and courage.

Luke 24:13-35

Beloved, where two or three are gathered in Your Name You are always present.  Those who seek You will find You.  Sometimes it is easy to get discouraged especially when things don't go as we have planned.  We are not prepared to accept consolation and encouragement from anyone because we feel cheated and let down.  We think in purely human terms.  But if we lift eyes of faith to You, we will find an assurance to all that troubles us.   

Stay with me always Lord, especially when it is night and I feel alone.  Illumine the darkness and feed me with the Bread of Life.  May You always set my heart ablaze with the fire of Your love.

Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9

Look to the Lord and be strong; seek his face always.

No comments:

Post a Comment