Friday, April 15, 2011

Isaiah 46:3-5, Jeremiah 20:10-13, John 10-31-42, psalm 18:2-7

Daily Inspiration:  Isaiah 46:3-5, 

I have cared for since you were conceived,
and carried since you were born.
Even to your old age, I am he
and I will sustain you
even when your hair turns gray.
It is I who have done this,
and who bear the burdens,
I will sustain and save you.
5 To whom will you compare me or consider me equal?
Against whom will you match me,
as though we were alike?

My Beloved, words fail me as I read in Your Holy Word what I have known in my heart.  It is a confirmation of all that I know about You and Your watchful love and care for me.  How could I not feel Your loving Presence always in me and around me, encompassing me always and assuring me of Your tender compassion for me?  You know me even better than I know myself.  How can I  not respond with all the ardor of my being to Your love and yearn for that day of perfect and complete union with You when You will call me home to Yourself?  Even now I experience this unity at each Holy Communion.  This sweet intimacy of holding You and being held by You in silence.  Thank You Father - this is what You desired and made known to You Son and thank You Beloved for accomplishing Your Father's plan.  The Triune God makes this mystery possible, this ecstatic union which is a foretaste of spousal union with You and Your Bride the Church of which I am a member.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Mass Readings:  Jeremiah 20:10-13, John 10-31-42, Psalm 18:2-7

Jeremiah 20:10-13

My Beloved, You know that I am always being tried and tested by my own inherent weaknesses.  My faults  are deep rooted and deep seated and the evil one enjoys seeing me stumble. His glee though is short lived for You are always beside me to steady me and pick me up when I fall.  You constantly test me in order to reveal to me how strong or weak I am and how much I may or may not have grown in a particular area.  I am not afraid Beloved, for I have entrusted my entire being to You for only You can help me reach my final and eternal destination.

John 10-31-42

Beloved, to this day people pick up stones to wound and kill those who stand up for Truth.  No faith is as persecuted as the Church You have founded.  Every secular and religious fanatic tries to smear and slime You with the filth of their words and actions, refusing to listen to reason.  If they did, they would be shamed to silence, dismay and horror.  It is true that Your Church is is made up of sinful and wounded members and is in constant need to be washed, cleansed and purified in Your Blood.  A day will dawn my Beloved when You will present Your Bride, the Church, to the Father without wrinkle or stain.  This is Your promise and You are always true to Your Word.  You have spoken clearly in today's Gospel and revealed that Your works reveal Your identity as the Son of God.

What do my works reveal Beloved? 

I believe in You, I hope in You and I trust You.

Psalm 18:2-7 

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress,
my deliverer and my God.
He is the rock in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield, my powerful savior, my stronghold.
I call on the Lord, who is worthy of praise: he saves me from my enemies!
A deadly flood surrounded me,
devilish torrents rushed at me;
caught by the cords of the grave,
I was brought to the snares of death.
But I called upon the Lord in my distress,
I cried to my God for help; and from his temple he heard my voice,
my cry of grief reached his ears.

How beautifully the Psalmist expresses all I have been struggling to say.  Your words are awesome.  I sing the same hymn with the Psalmist for he has experienced Your care and so  have I.

No comments:

Post a Comment