Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2 Maccabees 1:2-3, 5, Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95, John 8:31-42, Daniel 3:52-26

Daily Inspiration:  2 Maccabees 1:2-3, 5

May God fill you with every good and remember his covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, his faithful servants. May he give you all a heart to worship him and to ful­fill his will with generosity and a well-­disposed spirit. . May he hear your prayers and be reconciled with you, and not abandon you in time of misfortune. 

My Beloved, what a beautiful blessing.  I claim it as Yours for me.  I want to be all that You wish me to be.  I desire that anytime You look at me Your heart will swell with joy when You do.  You have made a Covenant of love with me and I know that You will honor it.  Just recently I asked You to extend the borders of my heart daily in order that I may love You more each day. Today, You ask the Father to give me a heart to worship Him and to fulfill His will with generosity and a willing spirit.  Thank You for interceding for me so wonderfully with the Father.  I have the assurance from Your own lips that the Father always answers Your prayers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Mass Readings :Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95, John 8:31-42, Daniel 3:52-26

Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95

My Beloved, just like Daniel and his companions I want to stand unbowed and unflinching before evil because I have placed all my hope in You, knowing that nothing can harm or disturb me unless You permit it.  I vow with Your help to never bow down before the false gods of money, the flesh and the lures and traps of the world laid down by Evil to snare me.  With the help of Your  grace and and the knowledge of Your Presence in my heart, I shall prevail and persevere to the end.

Verses 91-92 are such an awesome assurance that all I believe in, hope for and love in You, works in my favor for You O Beautiful, Beloved Son of God walk with me always.  Grant O Lord that what was true of Daniel and his companions may be true of me.  May I prefer death rather than to disobey You and may I be willing to stand up for the Truth no matter what the consequences may be.

John 8:31-42

In today's Gospel, You speak clearly of the relationship of those who choose to follow You and in doing so, share with You, Your own relationship with the Father.  You also make no bones about declaring who is the father of those who who walk in the dark and do the works of darkness such as idolatry, greed, laziness, self indulgence and a host of other ugly sins that the world parades as virtues.  

Your Name is also Truth.  You are the truth that sets us free from the slavery of sin that leads to eternal death.  In You alone is true and lasting freedom.  Time and time again You assure us that You say and do nothing except that which You have learned from Your Father.  Through the ages, in the present and in the ages to come there will always be those for whom the Truth of God is anathema for it condemns them in their sin for truth is distorted to appear as lies and lies the truth.  

Beloved, God is my Father for You are my Brother and the Spouse of my soul. You came forth from God in obedience to His will to fulfill His plan.  This New Covenant forged first in the love of Love Divine, sent You to accomplish it in order to save me and assure me of a place with You eternally.  Thank You.


Daniel 3:52-26

Grant O Lord that I bless You, praise You, adore You, worship You and glorify You whom the heaven cannot contain and whose footstool is the earth, all the days that You grant me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment