Tuesday, April 12, 2011

1 Samuel 17:45, 47 Numbers 21:4-9, John 8:21-30, Psalm 102-2-3, 16-18, 19-21

Daily Inspiration:  1 Samuel 17:45

 45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.  
47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”


Beloved, here is a timely reminder that every plan and plot of evil against Your people will be foiled and destroyed.  Today Your Church and its ministers are being attacked on every side with malice and virulence.  How often the most effective of Your ministers are the target of lies.  Evil seems to be having its day.  Thank You for reminding me and assuring me that You are constantly doing battle on behalf of Your Church and Your people.  The battle and the victory belong to You.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Mass Readings:  Numbers 21:4-9, John 8:21-30, Psalm 102-2-3, 16-18, 19-21
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numbers 21:4-9,


Beloved how true it is that sometimes it feels that the journey of life seems to take forever and all the difficulties we experience makes us feel jaded and disenchanted.  We give into temptation and become indifferent.  The first fervor seems to pale and we begin to make excuses for our lax behavior.  Sin does not waste time in coming to flower in us.  How easy it is to complain and find fault instead of enduring with patience and being thankful for all You have so generously blessed us with with.  Every time I fall Beloved, turn my eyes to the Cross and all it has accomplished for my salvation.  Heal me of my wounds.




John 8:21-30

When I ask, "Who are You?"  Your response is, "I AM,"  "I AM HE."  You are the great I Am who existed from eternity to eternity with the Father.  Unless we acknowledge the most astounding plan of the Father that found a way to break the shackles of sin and death to save us, we will die in our sins and be lost forever.  There is only one remedy for sin - sincere repentance and contrition that leads to forgiveness that flows through the channel of a heart pierced on the Cross at Calvary.  It is the Father's plan and desire that only in You and through You are all men saved.  You came to reveal the absolutely incredible love of the Father who loves His poor, weak, sinful creatures utterly, tenderly and compassionately.  Always mindful of our weaknesses and propensity to sin, He sent You His Son, who is perfectly united to His own Divine Person, to die a shameful and ignominious death on the Cross.  This is the depth, the height, the length and the breadth of the Father's love that He did not hesitate in lifting up the Son of Man between heaven and earth, bruised, battered, bleeding, dying in order to reconcile all of us to Himself. 

Psalm 102-2-3, 16-18, 19-21

 How beautifully the verses of today's Psalm sums up all You have done for us.  Thank You for hearing and answering every one of my prayers.  Often prayer is the only response and aid we have and that is always all we need.  I love You my Beloved.  I love the Father and the Holy Spirit.  Thank You Triune God for all You do for me and for sustaining me in Your love.  I offer You a grateful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment