Friday, March 18, 2011

Wisdom 9:5, Ezekiel 18:21-28, Matthew 5:20-26, Psalm 1-8

Daily Mass Reading:  Ezekiel 18:21-28, Matthew 5:20-26, Psalm 1-8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wisdom 9:5
Come eat and drink of the bread and wine I have prepared

"M--- mine, come my betrothed and dine on the food I provide.  Eat My Body and drink My Blood and you will live forever.  The Bread I provide is food indeed and the wine is My saving Blood poured out for you and for the salvation of the world.  So many have turned their backs on Me, so many mock Me, so many give me only a cold indifference, so many more have forgotten Me.  So many who once knew Me want nothing more to do with Me anymore.  I thirst, I yearn, I suffer for these to come back to Me.  My love is an everlasting love.  If You love Me, do all you can to bring some of them with you to dine at My table and partake of the banquet that I provide at every Eucharist and some day we shall all be united in the heavenly banquet.  I am the Bridegroom and the Church is My Bride and the Wedding Feast will never end."

"My Beloved, tell me what I must do. Supply the grace to enable me do it and then command me to accomplish it.  I am Your little nothing.  Without You working in and through me I am helpless Lord.  Help me!


Ezekiel 18:21-28
Beloved, unless we partake daily of the Eucharist how will we have the strength to resist sin?  You have made provision for us my God to eat Your very Flesh and drink Your Blood in order that You can pour divine grace and strength to answer Your call to holiness and perfection. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Matthew 5:20-26

"When you pray for the conversion of those you love, pray with confidence and hope.  I want their return to the Father's house even more than you do. I died for them.  I poured my life as a sacrifice pleasing to My Father and purchased their salvation.  You are called to pray sincerely, tirelessly, with fasting and penance, with loving concern - but always pray with hope knowing that in the end every sincere prayer you pray is answered.  They will be saved through the prayers of those who have loved them enough not to allow them to fall by the way side and be trampled upon and destroyed.  Do not be discouraged but pray joyfully, knowing your prayer is answered."


Psalm  130: 1-2

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord,
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears pay attention
to the voice of my supplication.

"This is how you must pray.  From the very depths of your heart let your cry come to Me and I will hear your vice and pay attention to your supplication.  With sighs and groaning too deep for words.  I will hear and I will answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment