Friday, March 11, 2011

Isaiah 51:6, Isaiah 58:1-9, Matthew 9:14-15, Psalm 51:3-6, 18-19

Daily Mass Readings:   Isaiah 58:1-9, Matthew 9:14-15, Psalm 51:3-6, 18-19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 51:6
16 I have put my words in your mouth as I stretched out the heavens; When I laid the foundations of the earth, I said to Zion: “You are my people, and I have shielded you in the shadow of my hand.”

What beautiful words my Beloved.  You have put Your words in my mouth so I need never be afraid to speak confidently.  You did this when You laid the foundations of the earth for You have known me in eternity.  When You laid the foundations of the earth You spoke my name and You claimed me for Your own and You have shielded and protected me in the hollow of Your hand.  Thank You.


Isaiah 58:1-9

My Beloved, may all I do this Lent be pleasing in Your sight.  Help me to be generous with my time and my words.  Heal me of my besetting sins and weaknesses.  Answer me when I call my Beloved.  Hear my cry and say, "I am here."

Matthew 9:14-15

My Beloved Bridegroom, I rejoice each time I receive You in the Holy Eucharist.  You are with me in a union that is pure joy.  When You have gone, I wish to hunger, yearn and thirst for You until I receive You again as food for my soul.  My Love, my Life, help me to desire only that which You want me to have.  To know You, love You and serve You in my neighbor.  Hear and answer me my Lord.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment