Monday, March 28, 2011

Deuteronomy 20:3, 2 Kings 5:1-15, Luke 4:24-30, Psalm 42:2, 3; 43:3, 4

Daily Mass Readings: 2 Kings 5:1-15, Luke 4:24-30, Psalm 42:2, 3; 43:3, 4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deuteronomy 20:3
"Do not be let your heart be discouraged, or afraid, or troubled, and do not tremble before them, for the Lord Your God is with you to fight in your favor against your enemies and save you."

My Beloved, I am truly grateful for these beautiful words of consolation. They renew my hope, faith, trust, courage, strength, and confidence in You.  With You at my side, I know that I just need to stay beside You as trustfully as a child with His Father.  Thank You.

2 Kings 5:1-15

Beloved, when we sin, all You require of us is the humility to approach the confessional and tell the priest our sins, confident that You will speak the words of forgiveness, absolving us of all our transgressions.  All it takes is humility to kneel and say, "Forgive me Father for I have sinned."  Only then can we hear those beautiful words that You speak to us through the mouth of the priest, "I absolve you, go in peace."

Luke 4:24-30

Beloved, the truth always makes us uncomfortable and not only does it cause discomfort but it arouses strong and negative feelings of anger and hatred.  To face the truth means to admit our failures and sins and to change our lives.  We love our sins too much to give them up.  We are prepared to barter our immortal souls for momentary, sinful pleasures at the cost of our physical and spiritual health.  This Lent, give us the courage to say, "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned." 

Psalm 42:2, 3
As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I go and see the face of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment