Monday, March 21, 2011

Daniel 9:4-10, Luke 6:36-38, Psalm 79:8, 9, 11 & 13

Daily Mass Readings:  Daniel 9:4-10, Luke 6:36-38, Psalm 79:8, 9, 11 & 13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel 9:4-10, 

Beloved, as the world stands before You sinful and ashamed, have pity and in Your great mercy and compassion, mindful of Your agony and passion, forgive us.  Turn Your merciful eyes upon us and move our hearts to repentance and contrition in order that You may forgive us and we may return to You once again.

Luke 6:36-38

My Beloved, if I am to be a true daughter of the Father, then I must reflect His nature in my own.  Like Him, I must be merciful, I must not judge others, I must refrain from condemning others and I must forgive just as I have been forgiven.  If I strive to be like Him, then I will receive a full measure of His rich and bountiful grace.


 Psalm 79: 11

By the strength of Your arm deliver those doomed to die.


This is what wounds me Lord and I am afraid for those who have deliberately walked away to embrace false creeds.   Hear my prayers for these unfortunate ones who refuse to acknowledge that is it You alone through whom the world is saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment