Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1 Samuel 30:6, Isaiah 55:10-11, Matthew 6:7-15, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19

Daily Mass Readings:   Isaiah 55:10-11, Matthew 6:7-15, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Samuel 30:6
David found strength in the LORD his God. 

Beloved, just as David found strength in You so do I find my strength in You.  Stay with me Lord.

Isaiah 55:10-11

Beloved, just as the rain comes down from heaven and waters the earth making it yield its harvest, so pour out Your Holy Spirit on me.  Pour out Your Spirit in abundance over every area of my life and render it fruitful for Your glory.  You are the Eternal Word of the Father and this Word accomplishes all things perfectly in accordance with the Father's will and plan.  May the words You speak to me each day in the Liturgy bring me life and strengthen me in order that I may joyfully life out each day in complete accordance with Your will.

Matthew 6:7-15

"Your Father knows what you need, even before you ask Him."  
How very comforting this verse is.  So often I struggle even to verbalize what I want.  I hardly know how to say it and yet there is a hunger and a longing for what often seems nameless.  How wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father knows exactly what I want and desires to give it to me in the abundance of His love and according to His will.  He will not give me what may be harmful or damaging to me even if I should ask it because He is all good, all wise and all knowing.  

You are of the Father and You know exactly how we should frame our needs so that they will touch a responsive chord in His heart.  

Almighty God, may I never lose sight of You and who You are.  May I pronounce Your most Holy Name with reverence always.  May I work for the coming of Your Kingdom first in my own heart and life.  Give me Jesus and Your Holy Spirit that is all I need or want - having Them I possess all things.  

Beloved Jesus, may I seek to do the will of the Father always in imitation of You.  To do the Father's will was food and drink to You may it be so for me too.

This is my prayer to the Holy Spirit.  Give me all the grace I need for today.  Bread sufficient for today to satisfy my spiritual hunger and to give me the supernatural energy I need to be pleasing to You every moment of this day.  Please provide for my material needs as well and those of my family.  Do not test me beyond my ability to endure or I will surely fall a prey to my silliness and foolishness, for there are many times I lack wisdom and act against prudence.  Keep me safe in the Heart of my Beloved Lord so evil will not dare approach to tempt me, who could fall so easily without the grace You make available to me.  Help me forgive from the heart as You have forgiven me.


Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
from all my fears he delivered me.
They who look to him are radiant with joy,
their faces never clouded with shame.
When the poor cry out, the Lord hears
and saves them from distress.
16 The eyes of the Lord are fixed on the righteous;
his ears are inclined to their cries.
18 The Lord hears the cry of the righteous
and rescues them from all their troubles.
19 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves the distraught.

Thank You for the sweet comfort these verses provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment