Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mark 9:7, Genesis 8:6-13, 20-22, Mark 9:22-26, Psalm 116:12-15, 18-19

DAILY MASS READINGS:  Genesis 8:6-13, 20-22, Mark 9:22-26, Psalm 116:12-15, 18-19

Mark 9:7
But a cloud formed, covering them in a sha­dow, and from the cloud came this word, “This is my Son, the Beloved; listen to him.”

May the cloud of Your Presence always envelop me and all I love and may the words You have said always find a responsive echo in my  heart and soul,  "This is my Son, the Beloved; listen to Him."

May my whole life be one of listening to You and being obedient.  Doing whatever  You ask of me promptly and joyfully.

"M--- ask for the grace to love with passion and zeal and it will be granted to You."
Beloved, I do not want my love to just pay lip service to You but I want You to use me for Your glory and for the building of Your Kingdom on earth.


Genesis 8: 21-22
21 Yahweh smelled the pleasing aroma and said to himself: “Never again will I curse the earth because of man, even though his heart is set on evil from childhood; never again will I strike down every living creature as I have done.
22 As long as the earth lasts,
seed time and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night,
shall not cease to be.”

You are a God who always keeps Your promises.  We can trust You.

Mark 8:23-26

23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had put spittle on his eyes and laid his hands upon him, he asked, “Can you see any­thing?” 24 The man, who was beginning to see, replied, “I see people! They look like trees, but they move around.” 25 Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again and the man could see perfectly. His sight was restored and he could see everything clearly.
26 Then Jesus sent him home saying, “Do not return to the village.”

When we are doing some good work, we want the world to look on and applaud.  You were so different.  What was important to You was healing and restoring.  You did not want the world to run after the gifts with no intention of truly encountering the Giver.

I have just realized Beloved that often I confess the same sin over and over again and although I encounter You I still see dimly.  Then suddenly when I encounter You once again - grace enables me to see with perfect clarity and respond.   Thank You Beloved for all the times when grace has led me to a greater understanding of Your perfect love.

No comments:

Post a Comment