Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2 Kings 20:8, Genesis 6:5-8; 7:1-5, 10, Mark 8:14-21, Psalm 29:1-4, 9-10

Daily Mass Readings:   Genesis 6:5-8; 7:1-5, 10, Mark 8:14-21, Psalm 29:1-4, 9-10



2 Kings 20:8
 "I have heard your prayer and I have seen your tears."
Beloved, thank You for Your response to my worry.  I will not be anxious but shall trust You.  May that which You will be accomplished.

Genesis:6:6; 7-1, 5
Yahweh regretted having created man on the earth and his heart grieved. 
7:1 “Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I see that you are just in this generation."
5 Noah did all as Yahweh had commanded.

Abba Father, when You saw how easily man gave into his corrupt will and flesh, You wanted to annihilate him from the face of the earth.  In order to hold Yourself back from Your justifiable wrath, You gave us our wondrous Redeemer .  Now we enter the safe haven of the New Arc of the Covenant through Mary our Mother who brings us to the safe harbor of her Son, our one and only savior, Redeemer and Lord.

Mark 8:16-21 
16 And they said to one another, “He saw that we have no bread.”
17 Aware of this, Jesus asked them, “Why are you talking about the loaves you are short of? Do you not see or under­stand? Are your minds closed? 18 Have you eyes that don’t see and ears that don’t hear? And do you not remem­ber 19 when I broke the five loaves among five thousand? How many baskets full of leftovers did you collect?” They answered, “Twelve.” 20 “And having seven loaves for the four thousand, how many wicker bas­kets of leftovers did you collect?” They answered, “Seven.” 21 Then Jesus said to them, “Do you still not understand?”

My Beloved are You also often amazed at my stupidity?  Despite all You have done for me I am still blind to Your amazing love and power.  I worry foolishly like one who has not experienced Your glory and goodness in my daily life.  Forgive me Beloved, grant me the gift and grace of wisdom and understanding so I don't wound You by my foolishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment