Sunday, February 20, 2011

Leviticus 19:1, 1 Corinthians 3:16-23, Matthew 5 42, 44-45, 48, Psalm 103: 3-4, 8, 10, 13

 Daily Mass Readings: Leviticus 19:1, 1 Corinthians 3:16-23, Matthew 5 42, 44-45, 48, Psalm 103: 3-4, 8, 10, 13
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honeycomb: sweet to the spirit and healthy to the body.

Beloved, help me to remember this always.  Especially when I am annoyed and irritated and a sharp retort comes to my mind and lips.  let me hold it back and remember all the times You have been kind and merciful to me.

Leviticus 19:2, 17, 18
Be holy for I, Yahweh, Your God, am holy. Do not hate your brother in your heart. Do not seek revenge or nurture a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself.


Beloved, I am called to holiness and perfection.  The call to daily conversion and my response to the call is what pleases You.  You also remind me how to treat every person whom I encounter each day.  I am called to love as You love.

1 Corinthians 3:16-23
 16 Do you not know that you are God’s temple, and that God’s Spirit abides within you? 17 If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him. God’s tem­ple is holy, and you are this tem­ple.
 18 Do not deceive yourselves. If anyone of you considers himself wise in the ways of the world, let him become a fool, so that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s eyes. To this, Scripture says: God catches the wise in their own wisdom. 20 It also says: The Lord knows the reasoning of the wise, that it is useless.
21 Because of this, let no one become an admirer of humans, for everything belongs to you, 22 Paul, Apollos, Cephas—life, death, the present and the future. Everything is yours, 23 and you, you belong to Christ, and Christ is of God.

Once again You remind me that my body is Your Holy Temple.  May I do nothing to desecrate in thought, word or deed.  Ma;y i remember that this is true of others too.  It is easy to get caught up by the wisdom of those who are considered wise by the world's standard of wisdom.  They use words cleverly to beguile or trap - but You are quite capable of ensnaring them in their own trap and expose their foolishness.  Words that lack truth however clever will disintegrate into dust.  

 Matthew 5 42, 44, 48
 42 Give when asked and do not turn your back on anyone who wants to borrow from you.
44 But this I tell you: Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you,
48 For your part you shall be righteous and perfect in the way your heavenly Father is righteous and perfect.


Beloved, help me to remember always what it is that You expect from me in relation to You and to others.  If I say I love You, my words and deeds must reflect that love or else I will only be paying lip service. 

Psalm 103: 3-4, 8, 10, 13
he forgives all your sins and heals all your sickness; he redeems your life from destruction and crowns you with love and compassion; 
The Lord is gracious and merciful, abounding in love and slow to anger; 
10 He does not treat us according to our sins, nor does he punish us as we deserve.
13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord pities those who fear him.

How comforting are these verses from today;s psalm.  Thank You Abba Father for Your compassionate, forgiving and merciful love.  I am called to respond to others like You.  Grant that Your Son may give me the grace to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment