Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ezekiel 16:4, 6-14, Genesis 3:9-24, Mark 8:1-10, Psalm 90:2-6, 12-13

Daily Mass Readings:  Genesis 3:9-24, Mark 8:1-10, Psalm 90:2-6, 12-13


Ezekiel 16:4, 6-14
On the day you were born your cord was not cut, you were not bathed in water to make you clean, you were not rubbed with salt nor were you wrapped in cloth.
But I passed by and saw you immersed in your blood. I said to you in the midst of your blood, “Live!”I made you grow like a plant of the field. 8 ...... I made a covenant with you with an oath – word of Yahweh – and you were mine.Then I bathed you in water, I cleansed you of your blood and anointed you with oil. 10 I clothed you with embroidered cloth and put soft leather sandals on your feet. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with silk. 11 I adorned you with jewelry, putting bracelets on your arms, a necklace around your neck 12 and a ring in your nose. 13 I gave you earrings and a magnificent crown for your head. You were adorned with gold and silver; your clothing was fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. You were fed on finest flour, honey and oil; you became very beautiful and rose to be queen. 14 Your beauty was perfect and your renown spread through the nations, because of the splendor I had given you – word of Yahweh.

My Beloved, sometimes I think I am walking with just enough light to take the next step.  Although I am certain I am heaven-bound with the help of the grace You make available to me through the Sacraments. I still have my hand firmly in Yours quite in the dark of where the step ahead of the next will take me.  Then you make a revelation like the above verses to me and I am dumbfounded almost to the point of being stupefied.  Is this true?  Is this what You are doing in my life?  In the end You will take me to Yourself eternally - but the journey is a mystery and it is exciting..

Genesis 3:9-24 
(ADAM & EVE'S ENCOUNTER WITH GOD AFTER THEY ATE THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT)


Beloved, You saw me naked and You robed my in my baptismal robe.

Mark 8:1-10
(THE MIRACLE OF THE MULTIPLICATION OF THE LOAVES - JESUS FEEDS 4000 WITH SEVEN LOAVES)

You saw me hungry and You fed me with Your own Body in the Eucharist.  You did not send me away hungry but filled me until I was satisfied and  You still did not run out of blessings for me.

Psalm 90:2, 3-4, 5-6, 12-13


A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has passed, or like a watch in the night.
You sow them in their time, at dawn they peep out. In the morning they blossom, but the flower fades and withers in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment