Friday, January 28, 2011

Luke 24:45, Hebrews 10:19-25, Mark 4:24-25

Luke 24:45
45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.


Beloved, my own true God, open my mind to understand Your life giving Word and upon understanding may I in turn be able to open the minds of others. Thank You.

Hebrews 10:19-25
19 So, my friends, we are assured of entering the Sanctuary by the blood of Jesus 20 who opened for us this new and living way passing through the curtain, that is, his body. 21 Because we have a high priest in charge of the House of God, 22 let us approach with a sincere heart, with full faith, interiorly cleansed from a bad conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
25 Do not abandon the assemblies as some of you do, but encourage one another, and all the more since the Day is drawing near.


Beloved, through Your sacred  Body and Blood we enter into eternal life.  We are cleansed by your passion and the free giving up of Your life in order that we might taste eternity.   Beloved, stretch forth Your hand and steady me.  Help me to encourage other to a greater love for You.

 Mark 4:21-25

21 Jesus also said to them, “When the light comes, is it to be put under a tub or a bed? Surely it is put on a lamp­­stand. 22 What­ever is hidden will be disclosed, and whatever is kept secret will be brought to light. 23 Listen then, if you have ears!” 24 And he also said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear. In the measure you give, so shall you receive and still more will be given to you. 25 For to the one who produces something, more will be given, and from him who does not produce anything, even what he has will be taken away from him.”

My own Beloved Jesus, my God and my all, make me the lampstand on which Your light shines every brightly so that many may walk in Your light.  These verses hold a promise and a warning.  Help me to produce lasting fruit for the Kingdom and for Your glory. 


Psalm 24:3-4
Who will ascend the mountain of the Lord?
Who will stand in his holy place?
Those with clean hands and pure heart,
who desire not what is vain,
and never swear to a lie.
 
With You I can ascend the High Mountain of my God.  You stand as the eternal High Priest in the Holy Place and I stand with You for I belong to the Church which is Your Body.  Give me pure hands, a clean heart and a trusting spirit desiring on You always.

No comments:

Post a Comment