Tuesday, June 13, 2017

2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Psalm 119:129-133, 135, Matthew 5:13-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Let your light shine before others
that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father. Mt 5:16



2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Psalm 119:129-133, 135, Matthew 5:13-16


2 Corinthians 1:18-22

Dear Love,

You are the promise to us by the Father, and the Holy Spirit is Your promise to us for You sent Him just as the Father sent You. In You we come to understand the goodness of the Father who did not annihilate us when we sinned but was prepared to send You into the world to become the sinless Victim in expiation of the sins of the whole world. Thus we see how in You we are restored to the Father as His beloved adopted sons and daughters. It was Your 'yes' to the Father that gave us so glorious a Redeemer and this is why You are God's "yes" to a fallen world and we who believe  respond, "Alleluia! Amen!"

You have set God's seal of ownership upon us in the Holy Spirit, He is the Gift of God who enables us to walk in the light and helps us in our journey to our eternal home which is the Kingdom of heaven 

Psalm 119:129-133, 135

Dear Love,

Truly, the psalmist reveals the pure delight in obeying Your commandment of love and to aligning our whole lives to the truth of the Good News. Just as to do the will of the Father was food and drink to You, so too must we understand that we must abide by God's will in all things if we are to walk in the way of wisdom. You are the Light of the world and those who walk with You will never know darkness for You will keep Your hand in ours and will gently lead us on the paths that bring life.

The Word of God is food for our soul. It gives strength when we are weary and it lifts us up when we are sad. Your Word reveals that God is indeed our Father and has loved us with a perfect and all encompassing love holding nothing back but giving us all when He gave You to us. 

Thank You Father.

Lord, let your face shine on me.

Wonderful are your decrees;
therefore I observe them.
 The revelation of your words sheds light,
gives understanding to the simple.
 I gasp with open mouth
in my yearning for your commands.
 Turn to me in pity
as you turn to those who love your name.
 Steady my footsteps according to your promise,
and let no iniquity rule over me.
Let your countenance shine upon your servant,
and teach me your statutes. 



Matthew 5:13-16

Dear Love,

I am called to live a life for other, a life of good works, a life of service. I am called to imitate You who was sent into the world not to be served but to serve and to give Your life as a ransom for many. If I fail in my calling then I will be cast into the darkness for then I will have failed the very purpose for which I was created which is to love and to be loved as I have been loved.

God's nature is love and if we are His children then we each must possess this divine spark for He created us in His image and likeness. His stamp is upon us marking us as His Own. This is why I am called to be salt and light. When I forget the purpose for which I am created the I am good for nothing.  I have received much and today You invite me to give as I have received so the Father may be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment