Monday, November 3, 2014

Philippians 2:1-4, Psalm 131:1-3, Luke 14:12-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Philippians 2:1-4, Psalm 131:1-3, Luke 14:12-14


Philippians 2:1-4

My Beloved, as members of Your Body we must be attuned to the Voice of the Church who speaks with the voice of love.  She speaks in Your Name and You have given her the authority to do so.

As members of the family of God, we must all love with the same love and the same Spirit with which You love us.  You who were the Son of god became humility incarnate and it is no less imperative for us to exercise this virtue in every area of our life.  we must consider everyone as more important than ourselves.  The hallmark of a disciple is visible in the way we live out the charisms of love, mercy and gentleness.

Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto Thine.

Psalm 131:1-3

This must be the personal testimony and attitude of everyone who is baptized and grafted into You my Beloved.

O Lord, my heart is not proud
nor do I have arrogant eyes.
I am not engrossed in ambitious matters,
nor in things too great for me.
I have quieted and stilled my soul
like a weaned child on its mother’s lap;
like a contented child is my soul.
Hope in the Lord, O Israel,
now and forever.

To be content and quiescent in the will of God is to know true peace and joy.

Luke 14:12-14

You promise that every act of kindness and generosity done for love of You will be rewarded. We can act lovingly all through the day by speaking gently, thinking charitably, doing everything to the best of our ability prompted by love.  A smile,a kind word and a loving gesture are sometimes the only thing we can offer but in Your eyes it is a lot.

Help us Lord to imitate You in a things and may we never cast a disparaging or haughty look towards those who have nothing, the poorest of the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment