Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Acts 5:17-26, Psalm 34:2-9, John 3:16-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  Acts 5:17-26, Psalm 34:2-9, John 3:16-21


Acts 5:17-26

It is God who sets us free from every form of enslavement and from every kind of prison in which we have condemned ourselves but no matter how dark our lives may be, God can and will shine a light if we call on Him with faith trusting Him to hear and answer.  There is always a mission, a call.  When God liberates us He expects us to go out and testify and witness to all He has done for us.  our response must always be one of prompt obedience to His will.

Our God is an awesome God gentle in word, loving in nature and mighty in deeds.  We can trust Him.

Psalm 34:2-9

 I will bless the Lord all my days;
his praise will be ever on my lips.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the lowly hear and rejoice.
Oh, let us magnify the Lord,
together let us glorify his name!
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
from all my fears he delivered me.
They who look to him are radiant with joy,
their faces never clouded with shame.
When the poor cry out, the Lord hears
and saves them from distress.
The Lord’s angel encamps and patrols
to keep safe those who fear him.
Oh, see and taste the goodness of the Lord!
Blessed is the one who finds shelter in him!

John 3:16-21

My Beloved, I believe that John 3:16 is the most oft' quoted verse in Scripture.

Yes, God so loved the world (me) that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him may not be lost but have eternal life.  I have freely and without hesitation consigned all and sundry to hell in typical Pharisaical fashion.  I have often been a self-righteous fool and I have quite often found myself embarrassed and thoroughly ashamed after a well-deserved douse in humiliation when I have discovered that all these people are far better than I imagine myself to be.

Thankfully God does not judge as man and God never condemns anyone although as the righteous judge He alone is qualified to judge with perfect fairness and no one could or would question Him.  Yet, He chooses to save and redeem.  All we need do is believe the Good news that we are redeemed, saved and sanctified through His Son.  All we need to do is believe in His Name - Jesus which means One who saves.

Beloved, You are the Light of the world - please draw out those who prefer the darkness for whatever reason and bring them into the beauty of Your marvellous and glorious light.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment