Thursday, November 3, 2011

1 Thessalonians 2:1-19


My Beloved, here is a blueprint for all catechists, disciples and all who are called to witness to the faith  - in fact every Christian is called to be like St. Paul in his loving concern for all people.  In imitation of You and because he loves You so much, St. Paul will not spare  himself anything.  No hardship, difficulty, or persecution will prevent him from preaching the Gospel - whether convenient or inconvenient and he makes certain that in doing so he makes no personal demands for himself, all he undertakes is for Your glory alone.

He loves the people whom he teaches, preaches and admonishes as tenderly as a good father who loves his children.  He wants them to be spiritually strong and  steady and firm in their faith when their turn comes to be persecuted for the faith.

How does all this apply to me my Lord in my witness to everyone I encounter each day, beginning with those closest to me? I must be joyful, loving, kind, tender, gentle, firm and I must be able to preach and teach the Truth in all its beauty and grandeur, remembering all the while that it is You alone who must be glorified always.

================================

---- Mine, time is precious don't fritter it away.  Once gone, it is lost forever and you will be held accountable.  Time is a gift given to you in order that you may use it profitably for growing in knowledge in the Truth yourself and for doing your part in establishing My Kingdom on earth.  In the time allotted to you there is much to be accomplished.  It is not enough just to desire to be an effective witness, you have to be prepared.  You have to study, read, meditate and pray.  You have to spend quiet time alone with Me and My Holy Spirit, you must rest on the bosom of the Father with the simplicity of a child.  You have to put aside selfish and self-indulgent desires.  It is not enough to know your weaknesses you have to overcome them and gain mastery over yourself.  Time ---- Mine, time - make better use of it than you have done thus far.

***********************************

O my Beloved, everything You say is true.  With Your help, Your grace, Your Spirit and the intercession of Mama Mary and the Saints I shall strive to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment