Tuesday, October 22, 2024

TUESDAY OF WEEK 29 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Stay awake, praying at all times
for the strength to stand with confidence
before the Son of Man. LK 21:36


EPHESIANS 2:12-22

My Soul's Beloved,

How much longer will those I love so dearly be alienated from You, Lord? When will you hear my prayers and answer me? When will You allow my tears to stop flowing and heal my broken heart and my spirit? I cry to You all the day long. I raise up my heart, mind, soul, and spirit to You but You seem far away. Your Word O Lord assures me that by Your Blood we are healed, cleansed, and made a new creation. But sin has separated them from You, their choices take them further and further from You. Is there no end O Lord to their terrible dilemma and seeming inability to escape from the clutches of the Enemy? Will You not intervene and save? The further they move from You the unhappier they are. They are caught in a web of their own creation and now it appears even to me that there is no way out. They are trapped and getting deeper and deeper into the miry pit.

Are all the assurances and promises given to the Ephesians be realized also for those I love? Will they who were once Yours return to You? How far will You let them wander? How much longer must they suffer because they are separated from You? When will they experience the peace that comes from being reconciled to You, Lord? Answer Lord! Answer!

But now in Christ Jesus, you that used to be so far apart from us have been brought very close, by the blood of Christ. For he is the peace between us, and has made the two into one and broken down the barrier which used to keep them apart, actually destroying in his own person the hostility caused by the rules and decrees of the Law. 

So you are no longer aliens or foreign visitors: you are citizens like all the saints, and part of God’s household. You are part of a building that has the apostles and prophets for its foundations, and Christ Jesus himself for its main cornerstone. As every structure is aligned on him, all grow into one holy temple in the Lord; and you too, in him, are being built into a house where God lives, in the Spirit.

PSALM 84(85):9-14


The Lord speaks peace to his people.

I will hear what the Lord God has to say,
a voice that speaks of peace.
His help is near for those who fear him
and his glory will dwell in our land.

Mercy and faithfulness have met;
justice and peace have embraced.
Faithfulness shall spring from the earth
and justice look down from heaven.

The Lord will make us prosper
and our earth shall yield its fruit.
Justice shall march before him
and peace shall follow his steps.

The Lord speaks peace to his people.

LUKE 12:35-38

My Soul's Beloved,

How can I be happy Lord when those I love have separated themselves from You? I cry out to You but there is no answer. I plead with You but it seems You do not hear. Have You turned Your ear away from me? The blows that fall on them strike me, Lord, and I too, with them, am brought low with grief and sorrow. 

My lamps are lit, Lord, and I am waiting for You. I long for You but I keep looking back for my loved ones to come with me, watch with me, wait with me for You, beloved bridegroom of my soul.

I will wait patiently. I will trust You. I hope in Your promises and while I wait I will pray. You will not allow Your own, poor little nothing, to ask without receiving, to seek without finding, and to knock without having the door opened and receiving an answer to my supplication. Grant O Lord that everyone I am praying for will return to You and together we will be waiting joyfully for Your return and You will lead us all joyfully to the Father's house.

Jesus said to his disciples:
‘See that you are dressed for action and have your lamps lit. Be like men waiting for their master to return from the wedding feast, ready to open the door as soon as he comes and knocks. Happy those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. I tell you solemnly, he will put on an apron, sit them down at table and wait on them. It may be in the second watch he comes, or in the third, but happy those servants if he finds them ready.’

No comments:

Post a Comment