Tuesday, September 17, 2024

TUESDAY OF WEEK 24 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A great prophet has appeared among us;
God has visited his people. LK 7:16


1 CORINTHIANS 12:12-14,27-31

My Soul's Beloved

Every part of the human body, every cell, ensures it functions optimally. The greatest and the least, the more visible and the least visible, the most attractive and the least all are necessary. Not one thing that is within the human body is unnessary - whether we know it or not, whether we are aware of it or not every part of the body, when healthy and doing what it is meant to do, contributes to its smooth function. It is only when we become sick that we are aware that some part of the body is unhealthy or diseased and depending on which part of the body has ceased to function, if not addressed, corrected, and healed, depending on the seriousness of the illness, may eventually  kill it. 

The Church is Your Body, Beloved. It is made up of many members and sadly, not all of its many parts are healthy. There are many from the greatest to the least who are sick and refuse to receiving healing from the Head. You have the power to ensure that each member of Your Body receives what it needs but we must be willing to do all that is necessary, no matter how painful, to heal and make whole.

Every one of us in Your Body has a part to play in the salvation of the whole. I am required to embrace God's plan for my life and my life has to have a positive impact on those around me. I have to pour out my life as an oblation just as You did so that the weaker members can receive support for those that are healthier. I cannot live in isolation. I cannot fence myself in and distance myself from those that are weaker than I. 

You have shown us the Way, You have revealed the Truth, we have received Your Life now we are to lead others in the Way, the Truth and the Life for this is the will of God that I lay down my life for others just as You lay down Your life for me. Help me Lord! Help me!

Now you together are Christ’s body; but each of you is a different part of it. In the Church, God has given the first place to apostles, the second to prophets, the third to teachers; after them, miracles, and after them the gift of healing; helpers, good leaders, those with many languages. Are all of them apostles, or all of them prophets, or all of them teachers? Do they all have the gift of miracles, or all have the gift of healing? Do all speak strange languages, and all interpret them? Be ambitious for the higher gifts.

PSALM 99(100)

We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
Cry out with joy to the Lord, all the earth.
  Serve the Lord with gladness.
  Come before him, singing for joy.
Know that he, the Lord, is God.
  He made us, we belong to him,
  we are his people, the sheep of his flock.
Go within his gates, giving thanks.
  Enter his courts with songs of praise.
  Give thanks to him and bless his name.
Indeed, how good is the Lord,
  eternal his merciful love.
  He is faithful from age to age.
We are his people, the sheep of his flock.
LUKE 7:11-17

My Soul's Beloved,

The cries of mothers calling out to You in heaven are incessant. Mothers pray unceasingly for their children. It matters not how young or old they may be they remain her babies, the children of her womb, whose lives are inextricably linked with hers and whose joys are hers, whose sorrows are hers. She is happy when they are happy, she is distraught when they are sad, sick, lost, rebellious, disobedient, reckless. Once a mother has a child she no longer belongs to herself, she no longer thinks of herself, she can never again be totally at rest for her heart, her mind, and her soul are always in prayer, raised to God, to bless her children, protect them and keep them safe from the Enemy. 

This is how God designed mothers to be. She is His creation and she functions exactly as He desired her to for in this way God's ears are always open to their cries of supplication for them. You hear. You answer. You are present. You touch. You reassure. You console. You restore to life just as You did when You saw the weeping widowed mother who had lost her only son. Your heart, wrung with pity for her, approached her and said, 'Do not cry.' You then stretched out Your hand, the bearers carrying the bier stopped when You touched it, and speaking to the dead man You said, 'Young man, I tell you to get up.' You, the Author of Life, restored it to the dead man and gave him to his mother.

I too am consoled Lord. I am one of the countless mothers in every age who pleads with You, sighs, sheds tears with a broken heart to be merciful to my children, restore them to life and bring them healing in every way that they require it. I believe You hear me. I believe You say to me as well, 'Do not cry.' And You will tell my children to get up and You will give them back to me whole and well.

Thank You, Lord.

Jesus went to a town called Nain, accompanied by his disciples and a great number of people. When he was near the gate of the town it happened that a dead man was being carried out for burial, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a considerable number of the townspeople were with her. When the Lord saw her he felt sorry for her. ‘Do not cry’ he said. Then he went up and put his hand on the bier and the bearers stood still, and he said, ‘Young man, I tell you to get up.’ And the dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him to his mother. Everyone was filled with awe and praised God saying, ‘A great prophet has appeared among us; God has visited his people.’ And this opinion of him spread throughout Judaea and all over the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment