Friday, September 20, 2024

STS. ANDREW KIM TAEGON, PRIEST, & PAUL CHONG HASANG & THEIR COMPANIONS, MARTYRS ON FRIDAY OF WEEK 24 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children. MT 11:25


1 CORINTHIANS 15:12-20

My Soul's Beloved,

What glorious hope is ours because You have been raised from the dead, this is why the saints and martyrs have suffered all kinds of persecution, horrific tortures and suffering, imprisonment, and deprivation of all kinds, they have borne their sufferings gladly for Your sake and for the sake of the Kingdom of God because of the hope they had for sharing in the victory and triumph of Your Cross. They gladly suffered a death like Yours and received a share in Your glorious resurrection.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, most of us will not have the privilege of suffering martyrdom for Your sake and the sake of the Kingdom but the lives of great saints who have shown us time and time again, through the ages, that it is possible to live our ordinary, daily lives with heroic virtue. This is no less a martyrdom to crucify the will, and the concupiscence of the flesh, to die to self moment to moment, and seek the greater good by discerning the will of God in all things and doing it cheerfully, promptly, humbly, and obediently. 

Take me by the hand, Beloved, and if necessary carry me and hide me in Your Sacred Heart, and do for me what I am incapable of doing on my own. All the striving will be Yours, I will just rest serenely in You. All the glory will be yours for it will be You alone who accomplishes all, just hide me in You.

PSALM 16(17):1,6-8,15


I shall be filled, when I awake, with the sight of your glory, O Lord.
Lord, hear a cause that is just,
  pay heed to my cry.
Turn your ear to my prayer:
  no deceit is on my lips.
I am here and I call, you will hear me, O God.
  Turn your ear to me; hear my words.
Display your great love, you whose right hand saves
  your friends from those who rebel against them.
Guard me as the apple of your eye.
  Hide me in the shadow of your wings
As for me, in my justice I shall see your face
  and be filled, when I awake, with the sight of your glory.
I shall be filled, when I awake, with the sight of your glory, O Lord.
LUKE 8:1-3

My Soul's Beloved,

Thank You for seeing us women. Thank You for knowing the heart of women. Thank You for the tenderness and gentleness of Your gaze on us. You hand-picked Your Apostles after spending the whole night in prayer. Your will and the Father's will were one in choosing them from among the many disciples who followed You. We know the names of the Twelve and we know the names of a few women who also accompanied You.

You touched each of these women mentioned by name in a way that changed their lives forever. Having experienced the power of Your touch and Your love they were filled with gratitude and gladly spent the rest of their lives serving You and Your companions providing for Your needs and the needs of Your group of followers, generously from their own personal resources. 

Lord Jesus when we are seen, recognized, understood, and aided, we are touched to the core of our being and will gladly spend ourselves for love of the Beloved. Use me, Lord, as You will, when You will, and how You will always and everywhere. I desire to be Yours now and forever. 

Jesus made his way through towns and villages preaching, and proclaiming the Good News of the kingdom of God. With him went the Twelve, as well as certain women who had been cured of evil spirits and ailments: Mary surnamed the Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Joanna the wife of Herod’s steward Chuza, Susanna, and several others who provided for them out of their own resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment