Saturday, July 6, 2024

SATURDAY OF WEEK 13 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice,
says the Lord,
I know them and they follow me. JN 10:27


AMOS 9:11-15

My Soul's Beloved,

Great is Your faithfulness, my Lord and my God.

Morning after morning I come before You. I cry out to You. I pour out my troubles in Your ear and You O Lord hear me. I know this to be true because Your Word O Lord brings me hope and comfort. You speak through Your Living Word directly to my heart and my tears dry up and hope once more brightens my spirit. 

Today, as we read the prophecy of Amos who assures the people of God that they are not forgotten but that He is close to them. Yes, they sinned, and they have been punished but now God will gather them up. He will bind their wounds. He will feed them. He will heal them. He will restore all that they had lost through their own stubbornness and hardness of heart. God has made a Covenant with us and it is eternal.

Thank You, Lord, that Your Word is not just a word for Your people in the past, or for Your Church in the present, it is also for every individual soul. It is personal. It is alive. It is true.

Today I claim all the promises You have made for me and for every member of my family. I trust in Your Word for Your Word O Lord is trustworthy. Thank You for speaking words of life and words of comfort to me and rekindling faith in me.

It is the Lord who speaks:
‘That day I will re-erect the tottering hut of David,
I mean to restore the fortunes of my people Israel;
they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them,
plant vineyards and drink their wine,
dig gardens and eat their produce.
I will plant them in their own country,
never to be rooted up again
out of the land I have given them,
says the Lord, your God.’

PSALM  84(85): 9,11-14

I will hear what the Lord God has to say,
  a voice that speaks of peace,
peace for his people and his friends
  and those who turn to him in their hearts.
Mercy and faithfulness have met;
  justice and peace have embraced.
Faithfulness shall spring from the earth
  and justice look down from heaven.
The Lord will make us prosper
  and our earth shall yield its fruit.
Justice shall march before him
  and peace shall follow his steps.
The Lord speaks peace to his people.

MATTHEW 9:14-17


My Soul's Beloved,

We, O Lord, belong to the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church founded on the Rock of Peter. You are its Cornerstone. You are her Bridegroom and she is Your Bride. We are not the people of the Old Covenant, nor are we people who have built our faith on the shaky ground and on the shifting sands of men who through their own pride and human thinking were led into error by Satan and his angels. All division is of the Devil and the continual splintering of these groups is a sure sign that they are blind guides leading the blind to the netherworld and ultimately to their eternal destruction. 

Thank You, Lord, for the voice of Peter that rings strong and true through the ages. She speaks Your Word, the Eternal Word that is the same yesterday, today, and always. You O Christ are the Bridegroom who knows the Bride and she knows You. She hears Your voice and she listens and conforms her will to Yours. She exults in Your Word. It is a Word that is ever ancient and ever new. We are the people of the New Covenant and You are the New Wine that is poured into the heart of Your Bride and it will never run out for You will ensure that her Cup of Joy will always run over in the abundance of Your love for her. We wait for Your return, Beloved, and while we wait we yearn for You with a hunger and thirst that only You can satisfy. Maranatha! Lord Jesus, Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment