Friday, June 14, 2024

FRIDAY OF WEEK 10 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

You will shine in the world like bright stars
because you are offering it the word of life. PH 2:15, 16


1 KINGS 19:9,11-16

My Soul's Beloved,
 

Thank You for reassuring me once more through Your Holy Word that You never abandon those called by Your Name. 

You are not in the destructive winds that buffet us about, You are not in the earthquakes that shatter our lives, You are not in the fire that burns and turns all into rubble. No. You are in silence, in quiet, in stillness, You, O Lord, are in the healing gentle breeze that cools our fevered brow, that brings healing and comfort, that does not destroy but strengthens and brings hope, renews faith and confidence again. 

When we enter the night of our soul we find You O Lord, the Light in whom there is no darkness. When we stand on the mountain, the City of God, we stand with You for it is You who raise us from the deep valley of sorrow and loss, grief, fear, anxiety, and sadness.  We hear You say to us, 'What are doing here?' And when we give You a laundry list of all our woes and troubles and after we have spoken, You make known to us that You have made provision for us all in every situation that now troubles me and causes me so much distress, for You are our Provider. You say to me today, go, go back by the same way, to what appears to be a wilderness and You will find that all is well.

‘Go, go back by the same way to the wilderness of Damascus. You are to go and anoint Hazael as king of Aram. You are to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king of Israel, and to anoint Elisha son of Shaphat, of Abel Meholah, as prophet to succeed you.’

PSALM 26(27):7-9,13-14


O Lord, hear my voice when I call;
have mercy and answer.
Of you my heart has spoken:
‘Seek his face.’

It is your face, O Lord, that I seek;
hide not your face.
Dismiss not your servant in anger;
you have been my help.

I am sure I shall see the Lord’s goodness
in the land of the living.
Hope in him, hold firm and take heart.
Hope in the Lord!

It is your face, O Lord, that I seek.

MATTHEW 5:27-32

My Soul's Beloved, 

Baptism makes us children of God, Your sisters, and brothers, members of Your Body, heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven, and while on earth temples of the Holy Spirit. The Father is all-holy, all pure, all light, all perfection, all love. You have made known to me that I can dare to address Your Father as Abba, Dad, Father, this is why I must strive to be like Him in holiness and purity.  

Nothing unclean can enter God's presence and because I was created for eternity, I cannot hope for heaven unless I live a holy life free of sin. I am a sinner Lord, born in sin. Yes, You have redeemed me. You have paid the price for my salvation with Your life. Yet, the sin of my first parents makes me prone to evil, to temptations, to concupiscence. There can be no flirting with sin. We cannot give in to temptation. But on our own, we can do nothing - all is grace. This is why You have poured Your Holy Spirit into our souls at Baptism, and You have instituted the Sacrament of Reconciliation. No matter how many times I fall I must pick myself up, humbly approach You in the confessional, and make known to Your representative, the priest all the ways in which I have sinned against God, myself, and my neighbour and You forgive me and I am restored to the family of God. 

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of the Sacrament of Confession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment