Sunday, April 14, 2024

THIRD SUNDAY OF EASTER - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Lord Jesus, explain the Scriptures to us.
Make our hearts burn within us as you talk to us. LUKE 24:32


ACTS 3:13-15,17-19 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

All that Peter said to the people was true, among the crowd were perhaps many of the people who thronged around You wherever You went, who heard You preach, and teach, who witnessed Your miracles, and ate the bread and fish that You miraculously multiplied. They had all played a part in putting You to death. Some of these may have been the ones who cried out for the release of Barabbas rather than You and cried out that You be crucified. 

You O Lord, are the Holy One, the Just One, You are the Son of the Living God who left His glory behind to reveal the love and the Face of God to us. Yes, the people of God indeed asked that You be put to death, but the truth is that my sins crucified You. Mine were the suffering You bore, mine the sorrows You carried, on You lay my punishment and through Your wounds I am healed.

May I never forget, O Lord, the price You paid for my salvation. I owe You a debt I can never repay. Grant me the graces I need from moment to moment to bear my cross daily with patience and humility. 

PSALM 4:2,4,7,9 ©

When I call, answer me, O God of justice;
from anguish you released me, have mercy and hear me!

It is the Lord who grants favours to those whom he loves;
the Lord hears me whenever I call him.

‘What can bring us happiness?’ many say.
Lift up the light of your face on us, O Lord.

I will lie down in peace and sleep comes at once
for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Lift up the light of your face on us, O Lord.

1 JOHN 2:1-5 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

The key to living a life of grace is to be humble. to discern Your will in all things and do it promptly, lovingly, and cheerfully no matter what it may cost us. You are our Living Sacrifice that takes away the sins of the world. In some small measure we are invited to unite our daily trials, sufferings, sorrows, and pains to Yours, and in this union will we find the courage and strength to go on. 

It is Your Blood O Lord that takes away the sins of the world and even when we desire not to sin we sin anyway for we are weak and easily tempted. Thank You for never tiring of forgiving us and for providing all the graces we need to begin anew. Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation may we approach this Sacrament of Healing often and be strengthened in our resolution to sin no more.

Thank You for the Commandments, they are not just guideposts but barriers that keep our souls from destruction and eternal damnation. You created us, we are Your children, having designed us for Yourself for an eternal destiny with You, He has given us the instructions we need to follow to reach our final destination safely. 

If we keep Your commandments Lord, we are assured that Your love will come to perfection in us. Keep us faithful to the end.

LUKE 24:35-48 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

You opened the minds of the Apostles to understand the Scriptures. You explained to them that everything written about You in the Law of Moses, in the Prophets, and in the Psalms had to be fulfilled. Now they can grasp what You had said to them so often in the past and was unclear and incomprehensible to them. All now makes perfect sense as You open their minds and their understanding to grasp eternal truths.

How blessed we are in the Church You established O Lord where we get to recognize You at the breaking of bread each time we come to Holy Mass and worship You as a community of believers. Thank You for giving us Your gift of peace, it is a peace that the world cannot give. In the midst of the storm O Lord, You are my hiding place and my refuge. Thank You for Your scars they are a reminder to me of Your inexhaustible mercy and incomprehensible love for me even though I am the cause of those wounds. I love You, Jesus, my love. Grant that I may love You daily more and more and do with me what You will.

No comments:

Post a Comment