Tuesday, March 12, 2024

TUESDAY OF THE FOURTH WEEK OF LENT - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A pure heart create for me, O God,
and give me again the joy of your help. PS 50:12, 14


EZEKIEL 47:1-9,12 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

How good You are in giving us the waters of baptism that fill us with the grace of the Holy Spirit causing all His wonderful gifts to bear good fruit in us, fruit that will last. 

This passage about the Temple describes Your Bride, the Church formed from Your pierced side out of which flowed Blood and Water. In the Sacrament of Baptism, we are plunged into Your death and rise to new life in You. We receive Your own life poured out on all who believe in You, hope in You, place all their trust in You, and love You above and before all. 

The Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your side are perennial for the grace of the Holy Spirit is eternal. We receive these graces through the Sacraments You instituted which are sense perceptible signs of Your abiding presence in us and in the Church. 

You have given us all we need for our pilgrim journey we need to receive with faith trusting that the bowl of flour and the jar of oil, representing the Holy Eucharist and the anointing of the Holy Spirit, will not run out until we come into Your Kingdom. 

Lord God, Beloved of my soul, grant that I will be a good steward of all You have so graciously given me. May I share all without thought of whether or not I will have enough for myself but to give with abandon knowing that the God of all goodness, mercy, and love, will provide everything I need always.

‘This water flows east down to the Arabah and to the sea; and flowing into the sea it makes its waters wholesome. Wherever the river flows, all living creatures teeming in it will live. Fish will be very plentiful, for wherever the water goes it brings health, and life teems wherever the river flows. Along the river, on either bank, will grow every kind of fruit tree with leaves that never wither and fruit that never fails; they will bear new fruit every month, because this water comes from the sanctuary. And their fruit will be good to eat and the leaves medicinal.’

PSALM 45(46):2-3,5-6,8-9ab ©

God is for us a refuge and strength,
a helper close at hand, in time of distress,
so we shall not fear though the earth should rock,
though the mountains fall into the depths of the sea.

The waters of a river give joy to God’s city,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within, it cannot be shaken;
God will help it at the dawning of the day.

The Lord of hosts is with us:
the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
Come, consider the works of the Lord,
the redoubtable deeds he has done on the earth.

The Lord of hosts is with us: the God of Jacob is our stronghold.

JOHN 5:1-3,5-16 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

You purposefully and deliberately sought out the man who was paralyzed for thirty-eight years and was lying at the pool of Bethesda hoping for a miracle that seemed impossible since he was unable to get into the pool at the opportune moment. Sadly, many unfortunates to this day put their hope in things that can never give them the desired outcome.

Crowds of sick people lay beside the healing pool, the blind, lame, and paralyzed all waiting to receive a miracle but came looking for this particular man the Gospel does not tell us why. You asked him a strange question, ‘Do you want to be well again?’ Of course, one would think, why else would he be there. But surprisingly he does not say, yes, instead he gives a long-winded, whining response, ‘Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is disturbed; and while I am still on the way, someone else gets there before me.’ Knowing what he truly desired  You told him to, ‘Get up, pick up your sleeping mat and walk.’ 

Thank You, Lord, for coming to me each time I need healing and You meet my need for forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Forgive me for dragging my feet instead of approaching this wonderful Sacrament more frequently than I do Lord and avail the rich graces that are mine for the asking.

Heal me, O Lord, 
and I will be healed.
Save me and I will be saved
for You O Lord are my praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment