Tuesday, March 19, 2024

ST. JOSEPH, HUSBAND OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

They are happy who dwell in your house, O Lord,
for ever singing your praise. PS 83:5


2 SAMUEL 7:4-5,12-14,16 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

From the creation of the world and our first parent, Adam and Eve, You O Lord our God, have been passionately and lovingly involved with every aspect of our universe. Nothing is meaningless, or superfluous, but all things have a divine purpose. Every event is interconnected and interlocked, everything has a bearing on the other, and each is placed on its own course to fulfill God's plan which is at work in all things, in all times and places, and throughout history until it culminates in Your glorious second coming. 

St. Joseph, Your foster father was chosen and appointed by Your eternal Father to be Your guardian on earth and the most chaste spouse of Your Mother Mary. He belongs to the royal house of David, and Joseph's legal guardianship over You too a descendant and heir.  

St. Joseph had charge over Your Body - to feed, protect, teach, guide, and instruct You from the time of Your birth, through Your infancy, childhood, and adulthood.  You were subject to Mary and Joseph as the Gospel of Luke tells us after You were lost and found at the Temple when You were 12. And since the Church is Your mystical body she recognizes that St. Joseph has guardianship of her too. As she celebrates his feast today, we rely on his powerful intercession with You to protect her from all danger just as he protected You and Mary. 

Thank You, Jesus, for giving us the wonderful gift of St. Joseph as our spiritual father just as You gave us Mary to be our Mother too. Thank You for including us in the Holy Family of God. 

‘Go and tell my servant David, Thus the Lord speaks: “When your days are ended and you are laid to rest with your ancestors, I will preserve the offspring of your body after you and make his sovereignty secure. (It is he who shall build a house for my name, and I will make his royal throne secure for ever.) I will be a father to him and he a son to me. Your House and your sovereignty will always stand secure before me and your throne be established for ever.”’

PSALM 88(89):2-5,27,29 ©


I will sing for ever of your love, O Lord;
through all ages my mouth will proclaim your truth.
Of this I am sure, that your love lasts for ever,
that your truth is firmly established as the heavens.

‘I have made a covenant with my chosen one;
I have sworn to David my servant:
I will establish your dynasty for ever
and set up your throne through all ages.

‘He will say to me: “You are my father,
my God, the rock who saves me.”
I will keep my love for him always;
with him my covenant shall last.’

His dynasty shall last for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment