Saturday, March 9, 2024

SATURDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF LENT - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Harden not your hearts today,
but listen to the voice of the Lord. PS 94:8


HOSEA 5:15-6:6 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

We pray with tears and with broken hearts for the conversion of those we love, those nearest and dearest to us, and today, I wish to thank You most humbly for assuring me that You desire the conversion of the sinner even more than any of us ever can. There is no greater proof of the Father's love for us that while we were yet sinners He sent You into the world as one like us in all things save sin, to become the Lamb of Sacrifice that takes away the sins of the whole world.

Yes, in this world we will have suffering, difficulties, sickness, heartache, and heartbreak, but You assure us to be of good cheer for You have overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil. We are invincible through the merits that You won for us on the Cross.  You assure us that bathed in Your most precious Blood, no evil can touch Your anointed and we are anointed and consecrated to You in baptism.

I will continue to pray Beloved of my Soul for the return of the lost sheep in my family to Your sheepfold and I will have confidence that in the end, You will bring them home in safety. Thank You, Lord.

‘Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces, but he will heal us;
he has struck us down, but he will bandage our wounds;
after a day or two he will bring us back to life,
on the third day he will raise us
and we shall live in his presence.


PSALM 50(51):3-4,18-21 ©

Have mercy on me, God, in your kindness.
In your compassion blot out my offence.
O wash me more and more from my guilt
and cleanse me from my sin.

For in sacrifice you take no delight,
burnt offering from me you would refuse,
my sacrifice, a contrite spirit.
A humbled, contrite heart you will not spurn.

In your goodness, show favour to Zion:
rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
Then you will be pleased with lawful sacrifice,
burnt offerings wholly consumed.

What I want is love, not sacrifice.

LUKE 18:9-14 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

You who know the hearts of all are also aware that I can readily call to mind those I believe fall under the category of the Pharisee in this parable while self-righteously considering myself to have the virtues of the tax collector whose prayer was accepted by God and who went home right with Him. 

You and I both know, my Beloved, this isn't true. I may fool myself but not You who are God. While cataloging the sins of others, looking minutely for specks in my neighbor's eye I constantly overlook the glaring logs in my own. I am all the things that the Pharisee in this parable accused the tax collector to be. I am selfish, grasping, unjust, and ungenerous most often in my thoughts and sometimes in word and deed. I can parrot all the virtues I imagine I possess like the Pharisee did when he read out a laundry list of his good deeds. 

Pity me Lord, I am foolish. Anything that I do which I believe is worthy in Your sight are actually filthy rags. Without Your mercy and compassion, I would be spiritually dead and deserving of eternal damnation. Continue to look with tender compassion on me and those I love O Lord, and in Your great goodness and through the merits of Your sorrowful passion, have pity and mercy on us and on the whole world. Save us O Lord and we will be saved for You O Lord are my praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment