Sunday, March 24, 2024

PALM SUNDAY - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Christ was humbler yet,
even to accepting death, death on a cross.
But God raised him high
and gave him the name which is above all names. PH 2:8-9


ISAIAH 50:4-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

As we enter the holiest season of the Church grant us the grace to be attentive to all the liturgical services may we, as one body, reflect, meditate, and participate with our whole being as we relive with You the last days leading up to Your death and Your glorious resurrection.

Let us be fully present and take away all distractions and may the prayers, praise, worship, thanksgiving, and sorrow for sins of the whole Church rise up to the glorious throne of God and be acceptable to Him. May the merits that You have won for her as her Bridegroom flows in torrents over her and into each of her members.

We are living in evil times O Lord, protect Your faithful people. May we imitate Your courage and humility if we are ever called to suffer for our faith as Christians. May we keep our gaze fixed on You and remain with You from the Garden of Gethsamane to Golgotha and the tomb. May we keep vigil beside You with true compunction for our sins and resolve to sin no more. Let this be a particular time of grace for me, for my family, for the Church, and for the world.

The Lord has opened my ear.
For my part, I made no resistance,
neither did I turn away.
I offered my back to those who struck me,
my cheeks to those who tore at my beard;
I did not cover my face
against insult and spittle.
The Lord comes to my help,
so that I am untouched by the insults.
So, too, I set my face like flint;
I know I shall not be shamed.

PSALM 21(22):8-9,17-20,23-24 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

In You is fulfilled every prophecy from creation, the fall, the promise of a Messiah, Your birth, life, passion, death, and resurrection.

The psalmist spoke of all that would take place and the evangelists have given us a faithful account that matches all that the psalmist has said.

Thank You, Beloved, for all You suffered for me and for the world.  Father God do not permit a single soul to be lost for too great a price was paid for our redemption.

All who see me deride me.
They curl their lips, they toss their heads.
‘He trusted in the Lord, let him save him;
let him release him if this is his friend.’

Many dogs have surrounded me,
a band of the wicked beset me.
They tear holes in my hands and my feet
I can count every one of my bones.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

They divide my clothing among them.
They cast lots for my robe.
O Lord, do not leave me alone,
my strength, make haste to help me!

I will tell of your name to my brethren
and praise you where they are assembled.
‘You who fear the Lord give him praise;
all sons of Jacob, give him glory.
Revere him, Israel’s sons.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

PHILIPPIANS 2:6-11 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

In this holiest of all weeks grant all who believe in You to participate with our whole beings in the sacred mysteries of our faith. The world needs to know You Lord today more than ever before and yet sadly many are ignorant of You or reject You completely.

Our world is in chaos. It is difficult not to be afraid and apprehensive about the future of our children, grandchildren, and generations to come. Beloved, You died for us. You paid the price for our redemption. We are saved. Have mercy, Lord. Have mercy on Your people and grant us renewed faith. Set the world on fire with Your own love and rekindle in us anew faith, hope, and love. 

His state was divine,
yet Christ Jesus did not cling
to his equality with God
but emptied himself
to assume the condition of a slave
and became as men are;
and being as all men are,
he was humbler yet,
even to accepting death,
death on a cross.
But God raised him high
and gave him the name
which is above all other names
so that all beings
in the heavens, on earth and in the underworld,
should bend the knee at the name of Jesus
and that every tongue should acclaim
Jesus Christ as Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.


Gospel MARK 14:1-15:47 ©
The Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ according to Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment