Thursday, January 18, 2024

THURSDAY OF WEEK TWO IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Our Saviour Jesus Christ abolished death
and he has proclaimed life through the Good News. 2 TIM 1:10


1 SAMUEL 18:6-9,19:1-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Envy is a sin that destroys the soul. It is unhappy to see another prosper. It eats into the soul and kills it. Preserve us O Lord from this and all other deadly sins.

Keep me innocent, simple, childlike. May I always rejoice at the blessings showered on everyone and rejoice also when others are being praised and celebrated. Grant me the virtue of humility recognizing that it is the little ones that are nearest and dearest to You.

PSALM 55(56):2-3,9-14 ©

Have mercy on me, God, men crush me;
they fight me all day long and oppress me.
My foes crush me all day long,
for many fight proudly against me.

In God I trust: I shall not fear.
You have kept an account of my wanderings;
you have kept a record of my tears;
(are they not written in your book?)
Then my foes will be put to flight
on the day that I call to you.

This I know, that God is on my side.
In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not fear;
what can mortal man do to me?

I am bound by the vows I have made you.
O God, I will offer you praise
for you have rescued my soul from death,
you kept my feet from stumbling
that I may walk in the presence of God
and enjoy the light of the living.

In God I trust: I shall not fear.

MARK 3:7-12 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Everyone clamors around You hungry to receive healing, desperate for Your touch. More often than not people come to You begging for favors and once they receive what they have asked for they forget You.

In today's Gospel passage for our reflection we are told the crowds that followed You were so great that You asked for Your disciples to have a boat ready for You to prevent them from  crushing You. In our need O Lord we seek You. When our hearts are breaking we plead for You to comfort us and make us whole. We ask that You alleviate our pain and our suffering and when we have received all we have asked for we often forget these blessings and return to our sinful, wayward lives.

Beloved, keep me close to You always especially in times of trials. And when the season of suffering has passed may I draw ever closer to You in gratitude and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment