Sunday, January 14, 2024

SECOND SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

We have found the Messiah – which means the Christ –
grace and truth have come through him. JN 1:41, 17


1 SAMUEL 3:3-10,19 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

You constantly call us to repentance and conversion but we are unable to discern Your voice if our ears are being bombarded by the cacophony of the culture around us. Your voice is persistent and if we sincerely desire to sift through the variety of voices we will learn to distinguish Your voice from the din surrounding us. A hungry heart seeking God is alert and will respond promptly and the Holy Spirit will enable us to know when it is the Lord who speaks.

The boy Samuel was lying in the sanctuary of the Lord, where the ark of God was when he heard God calling to him. Grant me this grace my Beloved, to lie down quietly in the presence of the New Ark of God, Mary, our Blessed Mother and when You call me she will prompt me and lead me to You, my Lord and my God. 

When You call Lord may I always run to You saying, 'Here I am.' May I be ready and willing to listen to all You have to say to me and to do all You desire me to do just as You desire me to do it just like Samuel who let no word of the Lord fall to the ground.

PSALM 39(40):2,4,7-10 ©

I waited, I waited for the Lord
and he stooped down to me;
he heard my cry.
He put a new song into my mouth,
praise of our God.

You do not ask for sacrifice and offerings,
but an open ear.
You do not ask for holocaust and victim.
Instead, here am I.

In the scroll of the book it stands written
that I should do your will.
My God, I delight in your law
in the depth of my heart.

Your justice I have proclaimed
in the great assembly.
My lips I have not sealed;
you know it, O Lord.

Here I am, Lord! I come to do your will.

1 CORINTHIANS 6:13-15,17-20 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

In a world corrupted by a demonic culture, we are brainwashed into believing that we are our body and that the clamor of the flesh and the gratification of the flesh even when it is contrary to the divine purpose for which it was designed and created. We are not just a body but we have a body and a soul and both are created to function and live in harmony. We need both and both need to be under the divine power and influence of the Holy Spirit.

Our bodies were not created for lust, gluttony, immorality, or hedonistic pleasure but to glorify God in all things. Every breath we breathe must glorify God. Our bodies are good and the desires of the body are good when they are used as the Creator designed them to be used.

Beloved, have mercy on this fallen world that is in a downward spiral to misery and death. Hear the prayers of Your faithful remnant, do not forget the price that You paid for our salvation. Remember that the earth is consecrated by Your Blood that was soaked into it at Your Passion. Have mercy O Lord, have mercy and grant us pardon and peace. We make this prayer in Your sweet and all-powerful Name, amen. 

Your body, you know, is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you since you received him from God. You are not your own property; you have been bought and paid for. That is why you should use your body for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment