Saturday, November 25, 2023

SATURDAY IF WEEK 33 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Our Saviour Jesus Christ abolished death
and he has proclaimed life through the Good News.
Alleluia! 2TIM 1:10

1 MACCABEES 6:1-13 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

A good examination of conscience at the end of each day will keep us conscious of the many times we failed during the day. We will know ourselves and our weaknesses as well as the strengths we receive by the grace of God. 

King Antiochus after being defeated and hearing more bad news of his army being routed in Judah is now morose, disheartened, and disconsolate. He takes to his bed and understands that his end is drawing near and examines his life. He wonders how he has come to such a sad end even though according to his assessment of himself he was generous and well-loved. While this may be true of his dealings with his friends it was certainly not true of his treatment of the inhabitants of Judah whom he had killed. He also plundered the sacred vessels made of gold and silver from the temple and he now admits that this is probably why he has come to such a miserable end. 

My Lord and my God, grant me sufficient grace each day to stay close to you, to align my will to Yours, and to allow Your Holy Spirit to live, move, and breathe in me so I may always rest in Your love and avoid all that is displeasing to You. Help me to live each moment aware of Your Presence in me and with the help of Your grace resist every occasion of sin. Stay with me Lord not and until You come to take me home to Yourself forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment