Monday, November 27, 2023

MONDAY OF WEEK 34 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Stay awake and stand ready,
because you do not know the hour
when the Son of Man is coming. MT 24:42, 44


DANIEL 1:1-6,8-20 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

As I read today's first reading I understand that if God be for us nothing can go against us. If God is the One I seek to obey, if I desire to be faithful to Him and to His Word in all things that all will go well for me and I need fear nothing not the terror of the night or the arrows that fly by day for You O Lord, my God, the Eternal and abiding Word of the Father remain in me and give me life.

Never has it been known, my Beloved Lord that anyone who has placed all their hope and trust in You has been disappointed or put to shame. Daniel and his companions refused to compromise their faith for the sake of temporary honor or the goodwill of the king. They remained steadfast and You blessed them a hundred-fold with knowledge, intelligence, and wisdom and were found to be far greater in each of these areas than the kings magicians, and enchanters.

Give me a hunger and thirst for righteousness O Lord my God in the face of all opposition. Grant me the grace to be fearless in the face of difficulty, sorrow, anxiety, stress, sickness, and any malaise in heart, mind, body, and spirit. I desire to stay hidden in Your Sacred Heart as I take refuge in the Immaculate Heart of Mary for Your Mother's heart belongs to You. Through Mary to You in all things - grant me this O Lord and all will be well with me. 

RESPONSORIAL PSALM - DANIEL 3:52-56 ©

To you glory and praise for evermore.

You are blest, Lord God of our fathers.

To you glory and praise for evermore.

Blest your glorious holy name.

To you glory and praise for evermore.

You are blest in the temple of your glory.

To you glory and praise for evermore.

You are blest on the throne of your kingdom.

To you glory and praise for evermore.

You are blest who gaze into the depths.

To you glory and praise for evermore.

You are blest in the firmament of heaven.

To you glory and praise for evermore.


LUKE 21:1-4 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

What are Your thoughts when You see us drop our money in the collection box every Sunday? Nothing is hidden from Your sight - You know the secrets of our hearts, You know our motives. Most of us put the same amount Sunday after Sunday as a matter of course and You know just as well as we do that it really makes no difference to us. We give out of our abundance. We drop our money complacently and the box moves and then we hear a clink of coins, someone drops into it some change and this could very well be a person who is in the same situation as the widow whom You noticed and You pointed out to those who were around You. So for those of us who without a second thought drop our usual offering as a matter of habit and are judgemental about the one whose coins clink as they make their meager contribution, it is good to be reminded about who offers more and which offering is better pleasing to God. Our generosity is not measured by how much we give and most certainly most of us can give more - it is measured by the selfless love that accompanies our giving. 

 ‘I tell you truly, this poor widow has put in more than any of them; for these have all contributed money they had over, but she from the little she had has put in all she had to live on.’

No comments:

Post a Comment