Monday, November 20, 2023

MONDAY OF WEEK 33 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
anyone who follows me will have the light of life. JN 8:12


1 MACCABEES 1:10-15,41-43,54-57,62-64 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Our tragedy is that we do not learn from the past and hence we are doomed to repeat the catastrophic consequences of our lack of vision, foresight, and are lack of faith in divine wisdom. Just as the people of Israel made a pact to renounce their faith in God who delivered them mightily from the hands of enemies over and over again, their short memory of past blessings caused them to forget God's covenant with them.

In our world today, many Christian nations, out of a sense of misplaced sympathy have opened their borders and allowed a deluge of people whose beliefs are polar opposites of Judeo-Christian principles and values. These nations now realize that they have legally permitted deadly vipers to spread like cancer and now find themselves victims of their own folly. 

Slowly but insidiously nations have allowed concupiscence to enslave them to the flesh and to material, transient things. The world seems to be heading speedily to hell in a hand-basket and if we look at the evil around us it is easy to give in to despair. But You O Lord are the Covenant of Love that God, our Father has made with us. Sealed in Your Blood and Your Holy Spirit we are more than conquerors. Keep Your faithful remnant safe in the shadow of Your wings while we wait for the hour when You will once again deliver Your people. All our hope is in Your Lord. 

PSALM 118(119):53,61,134,150,155,158 ©

I am seized with indignation at the wicked
who forsake your law.
Though the nets of the wicked ensnared me
I remembered your law.

Redeem me from man’s oppression
and I will keep your precepts.
Those who harm me unjustly draw near;
they are far from your law.

Salvation is far from the wicked
who are heedless of your statutes.
I look at the faithless with disgust;
they ignore your promise.

Give me life, O Lord, and I will do your will.

LUKE 18:35-43 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Your Church, Your Bride whose wedding garment is sullied with sins, with unfaithfulness, with betrayal, is like the blind man sitting at the side of the road begging. We have forgotten that we are a redeemed people and we have been purchased by the Blood of the Lamb. We have squandered our rich spiritual inheritance and having lost everything we have become spiritually blind.

Pity us, Lord. Do not pass us by. Like blind Bartimaeus, we cry out to You, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me.’ Hear our cry and command that we are brought into Your Presence so we can hear You say to us kindly and lovingly, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ And on hearing our reply, ‘Sir, let me see again.’ Say to us, ‘Receive your sight. Your faith has saved you.’ And recovering our sign again may we follow You as he did praising God and praising You all the days of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment