Wednesday, August 30, 2023

WEDNESDAY OF WEEK TWENTY-ONE IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Whenever anyone obeys what Christ has said,
God’s love comes to perfection in him. 
1 JN 2:5


1 THESSALONIANS 2:9-13 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Those whom You call to labor in Your vineyard must ensure that they are not a burden in any way to those souls whom they labor for wooing them with love to believe in the Good News that gives life.  St. Paul and his companions worked hard using the skills they possessed to provide for their temporal needs this took nothing away from their main task of teaching and preaching the Word of God. 

Let us make no excuses or shirk in our duty not only to work to bring the reign of Your Kingdom among us without neglecting the duties, demands, and commitments to our own vocation in life. The message preached by St. Paul and his companions was backed by their example and the authentic witness of their exemplary lives which drew many to accept the Good News of salvation. 

PSALM 138(139):7-12 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Thank You for Your intimate knowledge of me. With You I need not put on a mask, I need not pretend to be anyone other than myself. You love me just as I am and when I come before You, O Lord, warts and all, and trust You, You will slowly but surely make of me a new creation in Your image and likeness. 

May I never ever run from You no matter how gravely or how often I sin but may I always, always run to You and bury myself in Your tender, compassionate, and loving embrace. 

MATTHEW 23:27-32 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

If there was one kind of person that You despised, abhorred, and who drew Your ire it was hypocrites. You spoke forcefully and plainly as You revealed their duplicity in their relationship with God and men. They bent over backward to make a good impression on the people by an ostentatious and public display of their good works in order to be seen, praised, and esteemed by those around them.

You see us as we are. No one can hide their true selves from You and if we attempt to do so we only deceive ourselves. It is the meek and humble of heart whom You love.  Keep me always little and humble aware that without You I can do nothing. All I have, all I hope to be comes from You, my Lord and my God. Thank You for being so good and gracious to me and for never hesitating to make my sins and my faults known to me through the power of Your Holy Spirit. Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment