Thursday, June 1, 2023

ST. JUSTIN MARTYR - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
anyone who follows me will have the light of life. JN 8:12


ECCLESIASTICUS 42:15-26 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

The verses from the Book of Ecclesiasticus and the First Reading for today's Liturgy are most comforting. It is good to know that You O Lord are faithful. It is good to know my Beloved, that nothing is hidden from You. You know me, you search my heart, you know all my weaknesses, my concupiscence and this is why I can come to You without shame, just as I am. I need not be worried or anxious to approach You in the Sacrament of Reconciliation for there is nothing I can confess that You do not already know. All that You desire of me is a humble, childlike disposition, readily acknowledging that I have sinned, I am sorry and with Your help will strive to sin no more. 

Thank You, Beloved, for Your goodness, Your wisdom, Your love, and Your palpable Presence not only in the universe You created but most especially in the Church You established on Peter. Thank You for Your abiding Presence - Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity in the Holy Eucharist which is a fulfillment of Your assurance that You will abide with us always. The gates of hell will never prevail against her as long as You are present in our Tabernacles and in our Adoration Chapels. In the Liturgy of the Holy Eucharist which is celebrated around the world from the rising of the sun to its setting, we offer the Father the one, holy, and only acceptable Sacrifice pleasing to Him. Thank You for becoming Food for our souls and thank You for the hope we have in You - the hope of eternal life with You, the Father, and the Holy Spirit. 

MARK 10:46-52 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I am the blind beggar, Bartimaeus whose cry You have heard, whom You called to Yourself, whom You touched and healed in every way that healing was necessary.

I have cried out to You day and night. The sound of my voice has reached Your ears. You have stooped low over me and You gathered my tears. You assure me that You are with me. You assure me that in Your time and in Your way, according to Your will, I receive all I asked for and so much more. 

You ask me as You asked Bartimaeus, 'What do you want me to do for you?' And my response is this - our conversion Beloved, the conversion of every member of those I love, those dearest to me, and to be healed in heart, mind, soul, body, and spirit. And You give me the same reply You gave him, ‘Go; your faith has saved you.’ 

Healed and restored, may we follow You closely all the days of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment