Saturday, April 22, 2023

Saturday of the 2nd week of Eastertide - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Christ has risen, he who created all things,
and has granted his mercy to men.


ACTS 6:1-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

There is a hierarchy in the Church for a purpose - the Holy Spirit continues to inspire Peter to make the right decisions, and to steer the Church in the stormy seas of today's toxic culture, hedonism, and lack of both faith and morals. 

As the number of disciples increased it was not possible for the Apostles to do justice to the ministry entrusted to them of preaching the Word of God for that is the paramount mission of the Church. As members of the Church, we must be prepared to serve in whatever way the Lord is asking us to. We must place ourselves at her disposal and readily do what is needed where it is needed. 

Instead of fuelling and creating division, we must be ready to step up and step in when and where required so we can help the Church in her mission to spread the Good News to the ends of the earth.

Peter made it clear that the people chosen to assist were to be men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom and they would assist in the distribution of food to all while they themselves would devote themselves to prayer and to the service of the word. Prayer and Service go hand in hand. Let us never forget that one without the other is ineffective we need both - to first sit at the Lord's feet and then, strengthened by You, share what we have received from You.

PSALM 32(33):1-2,4-5,18-19 ©

May your love be upon us, O Lord, as we place all our hope in you.

My Soul's Beloved,

The psalmist reminds me today to trust in Your love as I place all my hope in You for You O Lord are worthy of trust.

Fill my heart with praise for You are worthy of praise, worship, adoration, and thanksgiving. No matter the burdens I am called to carry, despite the yoke laid upon me, I must not forget that You carry my burdens with me for You are yoked to me. I am not alone. Let this knowledge O Lord put a song in my heart and praise on my lips so I will be filled with joy through the day. 

JOHN 6:16-21 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I thank You for reminding me today just as You did the disciples that no matter how small the boat of my frail life may be, despite the strong winds that buffet me on every side, no matter how rough the struggle gets to not allow terror to destroy me, that You will always come to me. You will walk on the storms of my life and enter into it and tell me as often as I need to hear these blessed words,  ‘It is I. Do not be afraid.’ 

With You in my life, Lord, I know that I will reach the shore in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment