Tuesday, February 22, 2022

FEAST OF THE CHAIR OF ST. PETER - 2022

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

You are Peter,
and on this rock I will build my Church.
And the gates of the underworld can never hold out against it. MT 16:18


1 PETER 5:1-4 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

If only the Church, the hierarchy, and the lay faithful were guided by the wisdom of Your Word the Kingdom of God would be visible in the world. All would see it and it would be a beacon of light and truth in a world darkened by sin and strife. 

St. Peter has spoken powerfully about the conduct of elders in the Church, they ought to be Alter Christus, sadly, however, it is often their sordid, scandalous deeds that have tainted Your Bride and wounded Your Body deeply. Every Catholic has the role of leadership each according to their vocation. Parents most especially are called to be shining witnesses of the faith to their children by their example.  Sadly, this too is far from true. 

The Church will continue to steadfastly uphold the Truth despite the continued and terrible moral lapses of many of its shepherds. We take comfort in Your assurance that the gates of hell will never prevail against her. Have mercy on Your people Lord.


PSALM 23 ©

The Lord is my shepherd: there is nothing I shall want.

The Lord is my shepherd;
there is nothing I shall want.
Fresh and green are the pastures
where he gives me repose.
Near restful waters he leads me,
to revive my drooping spirit.

The Lord is my shepherd: there is nothing I shall want.

He guides me along the right path;
he is true to his name.
If I should walk in the valley of darkness
no evil would I fear.
You are there with your crook and your staff;
with these you give me comfort.

The Lord is my shepherd: there is nothing I shall want.

You have prepared a banquet for me
in the sight of my foes.
My head you have anointed with oil;
my cup is overflowing.

The Lord is my shepherd: there is nothing I shall want.

Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me
all the days of my life.
In the Lord’s own house shall I dwell
for ever and ever.

MATTHEW 16:13-19 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

In recent times we have had truly inspiring Pontiffs however we know that there have been some successors of Peter down the ages that were less than exemplary, in fact, they were a blot on the divine office that they held. Despite this, however, none of them ever taught error for You have assured the Church that the gates of hell will never prevail against her.

Peter, through divine revelation, received directly from the Father, professed this Truth of our faith, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ In response, You replied, ‘Simon son of Jonah, you are a happy man! Because it was not flesh and blood that revealed this to you but my Father in heaven. With the following words, You then bestowed on him the office that is visible to this day and will be visible until You return in glory, So I now say to you: You are Peter and on this rock I will build my Church. And the gates of the underworld can never hold out against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind on earth shall be considered bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be considered loosed in heaven.’

The whole of Christendom whether or not they accept it has been given a visible Head who represents the Invisible Head, the Christ, the Son of the Living You, for all time. The sooner that all Christians accept the authority of Peter the sooner will all division cease between Christians and the unity that You prayed for so earnestly will, at last, become a reality. Grant O Lord, the hastening of the union of all the members of Your Body which in turn will hasten the coming of Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment