Monday, November 15, 2021

MONDAY OF THE THIRTY-THIRD WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
anyone who follows me will have the light of life. JN 8:12


1 MACCABEES 1:10-15,41-43,54-57,62-64 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Truly, Lord, as we read and reflect on today's First Reading taken from the first book of Maccabees we see how evil totally lacks imagination - the same sins are regurgitated and committed in every age. The age we are living in is no different, the same stench of decay pervades our time as well. Evil is stale, rancid, and putrid but so full of guile it knows how to present all its false promises as packaged so tantalizingly gullible, ignorant people are easy prey to its wiles. 

Many who ought to know better in the world and even in the Church are compromising eternal truths and blurring the lines between good and evil. Deception is the hallmark of despots and people readily buy into the lies because going against the tide has painful consequences. 

........ a number of the people eagerly approached the king, who authorised them to practice the pagan observances. So they built a gymnasium in Jerusalem, such as the pagans have, disguised their circumcision, and abandoned the holy covenant, submitting to the heathen rule as willing slaves of impiety.

Entire nations are being subjugated to the dictates of a few and just as God's Word and moral Christian values are being denounced and the worship of self has taken its place. But just as many in Israel who stood firm so too we have the faithful remnant in every age including our own who will stand up to evil even to the point of death. God will use the remnant faithful to crush evil and good will rule once more.

LUKE 18:35-43 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Today You ask me to draw near to You and You ask me, 'What
do you want me to do for you?'
My response is this, 'Lord, that I may see.' Take away my spiritual blindness Lord, and take away the evil in me that lures me to sin. I am weak and frail. Let me follow You. Let me stay close beside You. Draw me into Yourself and never let me be parted from You. Save me, Lord,  without You, I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment