Monday, November 8, 2021

MONDAY OF THE THIRTY-SECOND WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

You will shine in the world like bright stars
because you are offering it the word of life.PH 2:15-16

WISDOM 1:1-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

We are creatures, we are as nothing before You, the Creator but You desire us to be like You and that is possible when we pursue holiness and perfection and make it our life's goal. The virtuous shine like stars. The Wisdom of God is beyond anything humans can grasp all we can do is remain always humble and childlike and never cease to be in awe of the goodness of God towards us, His creatures.

The Father desires that we never be separated from Him and His love, this is why, after the sin of Adam He made it possible for us to start over by sending You into the world as the new Adam. We would have a new reference point in You, the sinless one, the holy one, the Son of God, and the Son of Man who would willingly die in our place and by Your death redeem the world. 

The world is opposed to You and to the Good News of salvation. It preaches a gospel of death and if we follow the world we will die. In You alone is life. You are the fulfillment of every promise God has made since He laid the foundations of the world. Keep us always humble in heart and childlike in spirit so the Holy Spirit will make His dwelling in us.

PSALM 139:1-10 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I rejoice in Your intimate and complete knowledge of me. With
You, I need not hide nor pretend to be anything but myself. You know all my weaknesses, You are aware of my propensity to sin when temptations lure me. With You, I can be still and at peace knowing that You love me as I am. I thank You, that You remain with me every moment from my rising up each day to my laying down again at night.

You never tire of me. You do not stop loving me when I choose deliberately to wander from You and to muck around with sin but You pursue me relentlessly and tirelessly and readily wash away my iniquity and cleanse of my sins when I am sorry and repentant for having offended You, my God. 'A truly contrite heart O Lord, you will not spurn.'

Only the unrepentant sinner seeks to flee from You. I do not wish to flee Lord, no matter how far down the bottomless pit of sin I throw myself I desire You to find me always and raise me up again. The knowledge that You will never give up on me is most comforting.

Stay with me, Beloved, until my last hour and my last breath, and then lead me safely home to Yourself where I will remain in perfect peace and joy eternally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment