Friday, August 27, 2021

MEMORIAL OF ST. MONICA - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Stay awake, praying at all times
for the strength to stand with confidence
before the Son of Man. LK 21:36


1 THESSALONIANS 4:1-8 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Our whole lives are a struggle with the flesh and its desires. The things of the flesh lead to decay and death it is the Spirit that gives lives. If we have not given the Holy Spirit authority over our lives, if we do not conform to His will, if we grieve the Holy Spirit who dwells in us then we will be lost forever and the darkness in us will be dark indeed.

We are created to love and glorify God in You, His Son, who ransomed us with Your life and make us heirs of the Kingdom and adopted children of the Father. We must have nothing to do with the world and the things of the world rather we must keep our gaze fixed on You and allow Your Holy Spirit to guide us moment by moment on the narrow way that leads to salvation. 

PSALM 97:1-2,5-6,10-12 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

It is easy to become downcast when we allow the cares of the world to oppress our souls but we were created for joy in the Holy Spirit. The Good News is the reason for our joy and no matter what life throws at us, we must lean on You, accept Your yoke and learn from You who are meek and humble of heart. 

Like Peter, we will be able to weather the storm and walk on water. As long as he kept his eyes on You he was safe it was only when he took his gaze of You and focused on the wind, the waves, and the storm that he began to sink. But like him, if we cry out, "Lord, save me!" You will stretch out Your hands and deliver us from evil and death. 

You are my Lord and my God and although my fears will constantly threaten to overwhelm me as long as I live I know that if I trust in Your Word and call on You every time I begin to sink You will hasten to help me.

May I rejoice always for the King is my Brother, my Friend, my Bridegroom. You are God and nothing is impossible for You because You encompass me in Your love and fill me with Your Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment