Friday, March 26, 2021

FRIDAY OF THE FIFTH WEEK OF LENT - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your words are spirit, Lord, and they are life;
you have the message of eternal life. JN 6:63,68

JEREMIAH 20:10-13 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

All the the prophet Jeremiah suffered was recorded in Scripture and it was a foreshadow of all that You would suffer at the hands of God's chosen people, Israel. Evil has plotted feverishly against good ever since the fall of man and woman. The world, the flesh, and the devil are in tune with each other to bring about destruction and death.

But You have overcome the world. To this day all who hear Your voice and walk on the side of Truth are privileged to suffer a little what You endured for the salvation of the world. Those who are called by Your Name are terrorized on every side, they are threatened, persecuted, imprisoned, denied their rights, and false charges are raised against them in order to intimidate them. 

Those who appeared to be friends are now enemies and bay for the blood of innocents because those who are called by Your Name are opposed to the evil the perpetrate in the name of their false gods. 

The wonder, the beauty, the marvel of all who hear Your Voice and walk on the side of Truth will never lack courage to walk into the lion's den and face death for Your sake and the sake of the Gospel. 

PSALM 18:2-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Never was there a time when I cried out to You and You did not reach out , take e by the hand, and draw me out of the pit of terror, anxiety, and fear in which I was drowning. 

You are faithful O Lord. You have never abandoned me, even when I thought You were far from the sound of my cry, in truth You were closer to me than ever . You have permitted me to suffer in order to strengthen my faith in You and to teach me that hope in You is never misplaced. 

All the difficulties in my life, all the sorrow, all the anguish, all the disappointments have taught me that in You I am always triumphant. Even when the outcome is not as I planned or desired You plans are always better than anything I could envision for myself. 

Your Name is more powerful than any other. Demons tremble when I call on You for Your Name has the power to save. Your Name is a mighty shield against the Enemy. With Your Name as my tower and stronghold I will prevail.

Death has no power over me. The snares of the Enemy cannot hold me for I am covered in the Blood of the Lamb and I feed on the Flesh of the Son of God. I am alive because I live in You.

Thank You for this assurance that I have that when I call You will hear and You will always hasten to come to my aid and rescue me.

JOHN 10:31-42 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

When evil penetrates the entrails of the enemies of God they are consumed by a raging madness that robs them of all common sense. 

These Jews who wished to stone You to death heard You teach, preach, saw You perform the most amazing miracles that were sure signs that You were of God, and from God and yet now they take offence because You declared that You were the Son of God. They believed You blasphemed without taking a moment to see and understand that the words You spoke and the works You performed were a clear indication that You were God.  

When You challenged them ‘I have done many good works for you to see, works from my Father; for which of these are you stoning me?’ They responded that You were only a man claiming to be God but they failed to see that the power You possessed over life and death, over the elements of nature, over the spiritual realm was clearly of God. Your works testified that You were from God but they refused to see it and accused You instead of blasphemy. God Himself, recognizes as His children all who who believe in Him. 

We too are often guilty of judging rashly those whom we do not understand. The world does it all the time. Knowing little or nothing of what we believe as Catholics they accuse and condemn us as idolaters. Too lazy, too close minded, too arrogant, too dismissive of the Church and her teachings to which she adheres to faithfully as do her members, they do her a grave wrong just as Your accusers did.

They would have arrested You had You not slipped away and continued preaching and teaching and many believed in You in much the same way as many accusers of the Catholic Church who are sincerely seek the truth find it in its fullness in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment