Tuesday, February 23, 2021

TUESDAY OF THE FIRST WEEK OF LENT - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Man does not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. MT 4:4

ISAIAH 55:10-11 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Remember what I say to you today, engrave it on your heart and recall it often especially when you are feeling despondent and anxious. Never forget that I love you, I care for you as I do for the whole of creation. Created in love I watch over each one of My creatures. I provide all that is necessary for you to thrive and grow. Just as the rain and the snow fall upon the earth and soak into the earth, so do My blessings and graces rain on all My children. I AM the Eternal Word of My Father, I repose in His repose - He has but one Word and this Word He sent into the world. Buried deep into the earth,     I rose three days later and in My resurrection, I raise up the whole world to new and glorious life in Me.

All that My Father willed Me to accomplish, is accomplished - remember what I said as I hung between heaven and earth? - It is finished. Let these words console and encourage you.

PSALM 34:4-7,16-19 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I thank You for creating me so I, together with all of creation can glorify You, praise and worship You, and give You thanks for You are an awesome God. You are worthy of adoration and love. I am my best self when my will is aligned to Yours and I accept all that You give me with a grateful heart. 

Thank You for always answering my prayers. Thank You for breaking the chains that enslaved me and help me captive. Thank You for taking me by the hand and leading me to the place that God has prepared for me from all eternity.

Thank You, for the gift of Yourself to me in the Holy Eucharist, thank You for being available to me in the Adoration Chapel where I can behold the radiance of Your countenance and be filled with Your light and life. Thank You that You make no distinction between the rich, and powerful, and the poor and lowly - all are equal in You loving and holy sight.

Let us not grow impatient, anxious, and distressed when we see the wicked prosper, rather, let us pray for their conversion and entrust them into Your holy hands to do with them what You will. As for us let us keep our gaze fixed on you. You are our salvation and those who are grafted to You will never do so in vain, Thank You! 

MATTHEW 6:7-15 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

It is good to pray often the beautiful prayer You taught us. These words issued forth from You divine lips and they are taught to us by One intimately united with God, for You are God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God, Begotten not made, consubstantial with the Father. 

It is a complete prayer and is taught to us by One who not only understands the human condition well but knows the One to whom the prayer is addressed. It encompasses all that we ought to pray for, beginning with how we are to approach the Holy One, the all-powerful one, the almighty God, the One who is, who was, and ever will be - the everlasting God.

When we think of who God is, Beloved, we tremble as Moses and all the great patriarchs and prophets did in His presence, but You changed all that when You taught us to address Him as Papa, Abba, Dad. From this opening address, we know that we can run to Him as a child runs into the arms of a loving father who cares for His little one. 

Finally, never let us forget that You desire us to forgive one another from the heart no matter how grievously we have been betrayed, wounded, or how cruelly we have been hurt - it is not impossible, You showed us how it is done when You hung between heaven and earth. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment