Friday, October 2, 2020

MEMORIAL OF THE HOLY GUARDIAN ANGELS - 2020

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS



Give thanks to the Lord, alls hosts,
his servants who do his will. PS 102:21




EXODUS 23:20-23

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

We thank our heavenly Father for making every provision for us in our own exodus to the promised land, the Kingdom of God. Thank You for the Guardian Angel appointed to each of us from the moment of our conception and who remains with us all the days of our life on earth. Thank You for this powerful, and personal messenger appointed by God to guard, protect, and serve me in this life who is tasked with helping me reach my journey's end in safety. 

Keep me ever attentive to his guidance and willingly permit him to direct my footsteps away from the snares that evil lays out to trap me.

O my good Angel, whom God has appointed to be guardian, watch over me this day and night, and keep me safe from sin and harm. Amen.

PSALM 91:1-6, 10-11

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

In this psalm, You have laid out clearly how the Angel You have appointed to be my guardian as long as I live, protects me, keeps me safe, prevents evil to overtake me, and provides shade and shelter for me. 

He ensures that should I stumble I will not fall, should I fall, he will pick me up. He is charged by God to keep me safe from the wiles of the enemy. He is always in Your Presence and with me as well and with him, beside me, I can walk without fear of the dark or terror of the night. 

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of my Guardian Angel.

The Lord has commanded his angels to keep you in all your ways.
Upon you no evil shall fall,
no plague approach where you dwell.
For you has he commanded his angels,
to keep you in all your ways.


MATTHEW 18:1-5, 10

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

At a time when there is a direct and diabolic assault on the most vulnerable and the most innocent of us all, our children, it is appropriate that we are reminded that the kingdom of heaven belongs to children. 

In the final analysis, nothing we achieve in the world - wealth, power, influence, fame, acclaim, matters. Our body will return to the dust from which it came all that lasts is our imperishable soul. Let us heed Your words to us today,  ‘I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. And so, the one who makes himself as little as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Now is the time to protect God's most innocent and vulnerable who are being attacked on every side - if we refuse to stand with them while we still can we will find ourselves standing before the Righteous Judge and the angels of all these little ones whose life and innocence has been stolen from them will stand as witnesses against us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment