Saturday, January 4, 2020

Memorial of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, Religious

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets:
in these last days, he has spoken to us through the Son. Heb 1:1-2


1 JOHN 3:7-10
PSALM 98:1, 7-9
JOHN 1:35-42


1 JOHN 3:7-10

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Your Word is clear, all those who are of God will strive to be holy just as the Father is holy. If I am a child of God, and I am, then I must pray constantly especially when I am tempted to sin. All sin is of the devil and You, have destroyed the works of the Enemy. I am triumphant in Your triumph. I am victorious in Your victory over the flesh, the world, and the devil. As a member of the family of God, I am called to love God always, first and above all else and I am called to love my neighbor as myself. Thank You for providing all the grace I need each day to follow You.


PSALM 98:1, 7-9

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

We are happiest when we know who God is and who we are as His children and live in the knowledge that we belong to Him.

All that God has created has His imprint on it and this is why everything in nature gives glory to Him. The beauty, the majesty, the power, the serenity, the simplicity, the intricacies and complexity of nature, all give glory to the Creator. And we whom the Lord God has fashioned after His image and in His likeness must give Him glory with every breath we breathe. 

Thank You, Beloved for all that You have done for me according to the will of the Father in heaven. Thank You for Your saving love. Thank You for being Emmanuel, God with me. Keep me faithful to the end. Amen.


JOHN 1:35-42

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Once You have been pointed out to us as the Lamb of God, the Messiah, the One whom the Father sent to take away the sins of the world, then, like the disciples of John, we are called to follow You.

You turned to the two disciples and asked, "What are you looking for?" As Your disciples, we must know what it is that we seek, we must know our purpose in following You. To follow You is to embrace You wholeheartedly. There is no easy way to follow You for You have said, the way is narrow and hard that leads to the Kingdom of God and few choose it. But those who do receive all the help and grace they will need every step of the way.

Every disciple was chosen in union with the Father. The first two were John and Andrew the third was Simon whose name You changed to Cephas, Peter, the rock upon which You would build Your Church; one, holy, catholic and apostolic against which the very gates of hell cannot prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment