Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom
and cured every disease among the people. Mt 4:23



1 SAMUEL 17:32-33, 37, 40-51
PSALM 144:1B, 2, 9-10
MARK 3:1-6


1 SAMUEL 17:32-33, 37, 40-51

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

There are many who will discourage us from doing what we know we can if we let them. David was not afraid to face Goliath even though the odds seemed against him. His faith in the power of God was unassailable he knew that God was on the side of His people and He would prevail.

David put his trust in God. He believed and he triumphed. So will we as long as we keep our gaze fixed on You and place all our hopes in You, victory will be ours.

PSALM 144:1B, 2, 9-10

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,


Thank You, my Lord and my God, for placing me always in surroundings that helped to nurture my faith in You and helped it grow. Thank You, for the Church who taught me, fed me, nourished me, and encouraged me. Thank You, for the Sacraments You instituted beginning with Baptism and Confirmation, and those I continue to receive which enable me to stay close to You. Thank You, for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass which is celebrated daily throughout the world where we can be witnesses to that one, holy, and perfect Sacrifice and receive from You all the graces and merits You won for us on the Cross. Thank You, for breaking the chains of evil and for Your victory over sin and death. 

MARK 3:1-6

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

How often we are prevented from doing what we know to be good and right because we are afraid of those who will criticize or ridicule us. 

The Pharisees, instead of waiting eagerly and joyfully to witness the miracle they knew You would perform of healing the man with the withered hand instead watched and waiting to condemn You for healing on the Sabbath. We too can be like them when we fail to recognize what is truly important, love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment