Friday, November 1, 2019

Solemnity of All Saints - Reflection

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest, says the Lord. Mt 11:28


Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14
Psalm 24:1-6
1John 3:1-3
Matthew 4:1-12

Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I am sealed in Your Blood. Thank You for the glorious destiny that awaits all who believe in You, hope in You, and place all their trust in You and in the salvation that You won for us by Your Blood.

The truth  proclaimed unceasingly by all who have gone before us is this, "Salvation comes from our God, who is seated on the throne, and from the Lamb."
  
Someday Beloved, when my life here ends I will join all the angels and saints in heaven to worship before Your glorious throne and proclaim to the glory of the Father in the power of the Holy Spirit that You are Lord. I will join in their unceasing hymn of praise, "Amen.  Blessing and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving, honor, power, and might be to our God forever and ever.  Amen."

Psalm 24:1-6

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Thank You for the glory of being among those who long to see Your Face Thank You for the love in my heart that is generated y the Holy Spirit who is the love of God and the Breath of the Father. 

I rejoice in the knowledge that the earth, its fullness, and all who dwell in it are Yours. You have created me for Yourself. Thank You for that glorious place within me that nothing created can fill but Yourself. 

Thank You for the privilege of ascending Your holy mountain where all the faithful come together to offer God the only Sacrifice pleasing to Him, the Sacrifice of Calvary that won our salvation.

Thank You for always keeping Your promises and for the abundance of Your blessings that flows constantly from You into my life, my heart, and my soul. Never was there anyone more undeserving than I and yet You love me with a love too great for my comprehension. 

Thank You. 


1 John 3:1-3

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

The disciple whom You loved, was privileged to write about the Word who is Love Incarnate, more gloriously than any writer of Holy Scripture. You revealed that we are the children of God and so we may address Him boldly and confidently as Abba, Father, Dad. 

The world does not know Him, the world does not know You this is why the world continues to live in wretchedness, darkness, and sin. But we know You and because we do we are filled with the joy of the Spirit no matter what our circumstances. 

Beloved, I know I am a sinner, a wretched sinner, and yet I have this incandescent hope that burns within me constantly assuring me that because I belong to You completely You will enable me to strive to live a life that is pleasing to the Father. I count on You for help and You will never fail me.

Matthew 4:1-12

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Crowds followed You wherever You went. They looked at You, listened to You speak, felt Your great love for them fill their beings, it was like nothing they had ever experienced before and their hungry hearts longed for more. When You looked at the crowds You saw each one of them individually, and You longed to gather them close to You and comfort them as a mother comforts her child.

That beautiful day when You went up the mountain and preached the greatest sermon of all time You gave us a blueprint of how we could become true sons and daughters of God. By closely following Your pattern You guarantee that we can become like You. We will become the light of the world.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven."


At the end of the Sermon on the Mount, You remind us that the Kingdom of God is not for the fainthearted.

"Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you
and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven."


Thank You for being the Way that leads us to the Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment